North Carolina-Outer Banks

4x4 Vehicles and Transportion from Airport

Hello!

I need some transportation advice!!!

We are getting married and staying at an event home in the 4x4 area in May 2013.  We need some advice on transportation from the airports as well as Jeep rentals...I got a quote for a Jeep Rental near the Norfolk Airport for a week and it was $1266!!!!! 

Please help!!!
Amanda

Re: 4x4 Vehicles and Transportion from Airport

• Since it looks like everyone will be flying in from TX, you may not have any other options on renting a 4x4 vehicle.  There is a Jeep rental place in Nags Head that may be cheaper since you are renting right there on the island, but then the question lingers....how would you get from the airport to obx?  This is a really tough one.  How many 4x4 vehicles would you need?  If it's just a small group, maybe you can rent a car just to get you down to obx and then pick up your Jeep rental there. 

• We actually have people coming from lots of places!  So far, we are the only ones flying in.  My side of the family is driving down from NH, and his side of the family is driving from IN. So we were thinking of flying into Norfolk, (which by the way, is that the closest airport?), and then renting a 4x4 there as it would most likely be cheaper then in OBX-  then driving down...

The people who are driving all have 4x4 vehicles so I think we're good with them.
  • Yes, Norfolk airport is the closest..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards