North Carolina-Outer Banks

I'm so happy to have found this board!

Hi everyone!  I just engaged this month and am planning my wedding for 2013.  My fiance and I haven't settled on a date but are thinking the summer and we really like the idea of getting married in OBX.  I just spent the last 2 hours reading through some of the recent posts and cannot tell you how happy I am to have come across this board!  It's so helpful.  Of course one of my first "to dos" is to book a venue.  There seems to be a lot to choose from.  What are some of the best as far as places that provide everything in their package?  Like decor, food, beverages/alcohol, tables, etc.?  Do any of the venues do that?

Re: I'm so happy to have found this board!

• edited December 2011
    The Pearl does everything except decor, though they will set up the items you provide.  Our wedding was awesome, though the planning part was a little weak with communication.

Welcome!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out Beach Ball Events or 11th Hour Events.  They're both a one stop shop...everything, and I mean everything is included.  However, you do lose the option to really personalize it to your liking.  I don't know anyone that's used them but if you want a stress free wedding it seems to be the way to go.  Also, check out outerbanksweddingassociation.com.  They have most of the vendors up there.  It really helped me out alot. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!

The Sanderling is definitely a one stop shop - it can definitely be pricey though.

We're getting married at the Saltaire house in Duck, the caterer comes with the venue as well as tables, chairs dishes and flatware. Bring your own alcohol, music, tents, dance floor....etc. etc.

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!!

I know that the Hilton Pier House includes everything and I think Jennette's Pier might as well.  I got married on the beach and had our reception at 108 Budleigh in Manteo, but they don't include food and catering....but I still LOVE it ;)

Like Rebecca mentioned, the OBX Wedding Assoc. will give you everything you need!

Happy Planning :)

ETA:  spelling

• ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sara- my FI and I are going with the Sanderling for a Sept. 2012 wedding. We elected to do their elopement package, you have to have 40 or less guests. And they provide everything, cake, flowers, etc. For us, it was just what we wanted! Let me know if you are interested in more information on it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your input and suggestions!  I will definitely look into everything!  Lcam and ksl --the Sanderling was definitely on my list but now I have a few others to look at thanks to the other brides!  Thank you soooo much!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Pelican's Landing, which is a beach home in Corolla that is owned my Coastal Provisions, one of the catering companies in Duck. The house certainly isn't ALL inclusive, but it's a good place to start. They do have a lot of the rentals includied in the rental of the home (sleeps 10 while you're there) including tables, benches for the beach wedding, dishes, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    SO HAPPY THAT YOU'RE SO HAPPY!!  THE HILTON GARDEN CENTER IS ALSO LOVELY AND THE KITTY HAWK HARRIS TEETER FLORAL WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL YOUR FLORAL NEEDS,ALTHOUGH THEY DON'T DELIVER THEY ARE ABOUT 1/3 OF THE COST OF A TRADITIONAL FLORIST. CHECK THEM OUT ON FACEBOOK. HTFLORAL@YAHOO.COM
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Vendors are not allowed to post on community forums...please read TheKnot's Terms of Service.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards