North Carolina-Outer Banks

Event Homes with extra tables & chairs

I know I read on here somewhere that event homes come with extra tables and chairs since, well, it's an event home.  What company are those homes through?  I looked at a house through Paramount Destinations and they said that they do not have extras and I would have to rent them.  Thanks!

Re: Event Homes with extra tables & chairs

• HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi CM - I haven't heard of event homes with extra chairs and tables.  We are having our reception at the Grand Bahamian (an event home for 100+ people) and don't have any extras - we are going through Ocean Atlantic for all of our rentals.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, you would think since they are charging you that extra money for an event home, that they could at least provide you with extra tables and chairs and linens.  But that makes too much sense.  Haha.  I'm renting from Brindley Beach, and I'm pretty sure we have to rent too.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of any event homes that include tables & chairs either.  Event homes are basically beach homes that just allow large parties, weddings, reunions, etc. but they dont come with tables & chairs since it it technically is someone's actual home rather than an established venue.

There are lots of great companies to try:  the ones PP's mentioned, Twiddy Realty, OBXBlue.com, Sun Realty, Kitty Dunes, Beach Realty, Seaside Vacations, etc.  If you Google "vacation rentals in nags head" it will bring up the complete list.

Sometimes it's much easier to just call the mgmt. company and ask which homes can accommodate larger parties instead of weeding through page after page of homes to sort through.  They make it quick & simple over the phone.

For rental companies, there is Metro Rental and Ocean Atlantic Rentals whcich I very highly recommend :)

• edited December 2011
    I think the only event home I saw that did this (and included set-up for ceremony / reception) was the Grand Ritz Palm as part of an all-inclusive rental package for the week.  (I'm not sure if it still does.. I looked at it more than 6 months ago before I decided it was well outside my budget.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards