North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

BBQ Caterer

We are looking for a BBQ place to cater our welcome reception the day before the wedding.  Good Life Gourmet is doing our reception the next day and we want something totally different for the party the day before.  Can anyone recommend the best BBQ in OBX?  The wedding is in Corolla so the closer the better to save on any travel fees, etc.  The party will be July 5 so I don't have much time to get on someone's schedule and I won't have time to go down there for any tastings!  Thanks!!

Re: BBQ Caterer

• Options
    tergitergi member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_bbq-caterer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:b66c5107-9bca-4d2e-948f-da12c54f9813Post:cd812c7d-2762-493d-a082-fe9c385db44e">BBQ Caterer</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are looking for a BBQ place to cater our welcome reception the day before the wedding.  Good Life Gourmet is doing our reception the next day and we want something totally different for the party the day before.  Can anyone recommend the best BBQ in OBX?  The wedding is in Corolla so the closer the better to save on any travel fees, etc.  The party will be July 5 I don't have much time to get on someone's schedule and I won't have time to go down there for any tastings!  Thanks!!
    Posted by jendtennis[/QUOTE]

We used High Cotton Barbecue for my daughters reception last summer.  Plenty of food and quite a few choices.They have full service or delivery and setup options. Would be happy to answer any questions. Can PM

<a href="http://www.highcottonbbq.com/CATERING.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://www.highcottonbbq.com/CATERING.pdf</a>
  • Options
    We are using High Cotton BBQ for our reception.  The owner Will is very nice and the food was very good and reasonably priced!
    May 25, 2012
  • Options
    Coastal Provisions does amazing BBQ and they're located in Southern Shores. They have it on their family feast menu so it's something you can order and pick up from them if you just want to pay for the food and not full service catering.
  • Options
    We are using Pigmans for our bbq. Theyve been fantastic to work with and fiances parents hired the bartenders through their planner. I know some other ladies are using Currituck BBQ. I think it depends on style of bbq you want!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we are going with High Cotton as well for the reception! I don't normally like BBQ, but we went there for dinner our last night when we were visiting last month and I loved it.
  • Options
    I'm the ultimate fan of Currituck BBQ, I recommend them all over the place :)  They are very affordable and will deliver anywhere, even though they are quite a ways away from the shore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We are using Currituck BBQ next weekend (in Corolla) and I couldn't say enough about them!!!  The are absolutely amazing!!!!  
  • Options
    I visited this past weekend and we tasted at High Cotton BBQ and Pigmans. Both were really tasty but we all agreed we liked Pigmans the best! We really enjoyed their BBQ sauces. 
  • Options
    nyc2ncnyc2nc member
    First Comment
    We used Tom Thumb Cookout and he came to the house and cooked everything fresh.  He is easy and accommodating to work with - I would give him a call and see the prices he offers you - we were blown away with the prices, and amount of food.  I would recommend the fried chicken, BBQ, fried okra, Mac n Cheese, and crab legs - getting hungry writing this!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards