North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

OBX Wedding Expo...

Sooooo....

Who is planning to go?  Anyone on the fence?  We were planning to go but weren't sure where the funds would come from for it.  Luckily, we can drive.  And luckily when I went down for my planning trip last week, my godmother offered me her house in January!  So excited!

Even more exciting, FI has just gotten his flight home.  He will ABSOLUTELY (you never know with the army :( ) be home on November 3rd!  He will be coming home to me, my two year old son, and our 3 month old baby girl.  He hasn't seen her, other than photos, since she was 2 weeks old!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: OBX Wedding Expo...

• Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keb,
    That's awesome news about your hubby coming home!!!! So happy for you. I think of you everytime I watch that show on TLC, called homecoming or something like that. :)

I'm not doing the expo, and missed it last year but I've heard it was awesome and definitely a good idea for those brides who have gone. Also, one little side note/piece of advice, when you book your vendors, if they have a Facebook page, "Like" it. I cannot tell you how much $$ I've saved on the wedding just by catching deals that were posted on their pages! Just this week I saved $100 off my rentals from Ocean Atlantic!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh that is great news Keb!!!  Sooo happy that your FI is coming home to his family :)

I did go to the wedding expo this past January and had a blast!  I highly recommend it for the upcoming brides and it's a great chance to meet with vendors and A LOT of them give you major savings if you book at the expo or within 1 month of the expo...that is how I was able to get 2 photographers and lots of photo extras at such a great price!

I do recommend to dress very very warm and comfortable....I have never experienced a cold like I did in January.  It was very windy and freezing wasn't even the right word for it....bundle up and you will be fine :)

I hope you get the chance to go and have a great time!  :)

p.s.  I advise printing labels with your name, address and phone # for all of the booth drawings and giveaways b/c it can be a real pain filling each one out.  The labels save lots of time!  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good idea Sarah!  Doing that now....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this the only one that is hosted through the year?? My FI and I live up in New Hampshire, but I have been vacationing in Kitty Hawk since I was a little girl and that is where we are planning on tying the knot in August 2013.

We are having the same problem as Keb, not sure if the funds are available to fly or drive, but luckily we do have a place to stay if we need to. I thought that I heard something about there being one in the spring too? ANd I am a little confused about the price breakdown and what is/isn't included.

And that is great to hear that your husband is coming home!
  • Options
    spk4btspk4bt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The biggest expo which has been going on for years is the one in January. It is very helpful to go, even well in advance because venues and vendors book very quickly in the Outer Banks as it is a top wedding destination in the country. Also it is fun because you get to sample so many yummy dishes and taste the cakes - too bad they don't serve champagne!!

OBXbrides.com is just starting up and they are having their 1st wedding expo in March. Check out their website for more details. I am getting married in May so everything will be pretty much done by March, but I'm thinking of going to that expo just because! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_obx-wedding-expo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:c671c1bd-5c50-41dc-8571-4d6616d380a4Post:c11769e3-dcb5-438a-a6d9-acd651bec81f">Re: OBX Wedding Expo...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also it is fun because you get to sample so many yummy dishes and taste the cakes - too bad they don't serve champagne!!  
    Posted by spk4bt[/QUOTE]

Totally bringing my own!!  Mimosas at the house before the show starts?  Absolutely!!  I don't have kids that weekend.  Just FI and I :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi all,
    This year's expo is going to be awesome! David Tutera is going to be there giving tips on planning your wedding. Check it out:
    http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/catalog.html

Hope to see ya'll there!

C
  • Options
    Buckigirl67Buckigirl67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keb,

Hope you and FI had a wonderful homecoming~enjoying his little family!!! My FI just decided this week that we are going to the Bridal Expo as well!  We are going to stay with my brother and wife who don't live too far away! Cheryl, super stoked to see David T.!!!!! Even FI,says it will be awesome to meet him!

Looking forward to the wedding expo!
    Denise 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards