North Carolina-Outer Banks

Grand Ritz Palm or Kitty Hawk Pier

I am interesed in two places to get married.  The Grand Ritz Palm and the Kitty Hawk Pier.  I am not getting married until May 2012 so I have plenty of time but I am on a very limited budget.  I like the Kitty Hawk Pier but I am inviting around 130 people, which is exactly how many people it can hold and I am worried it will be too small.  I love the Grand Ritz Palm but it is very pricey and I am worried about asking my friends to pay money to stay there.   I emailed "Brindley Beach Realty" to see if maybe I could do a half week at the Grand Ritz Palm because I know a lot of brides must want to get married there but it is too expense.  Any thoughts?

Re: Grand Ritz Palm or Kitty Hawk Pier

• JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd personally go w/ the Kitty Hawk Pier.
    If they hold 130 and thats how many your inviting...do you really expect 100% attendance?  Only you know your guests, but I'd imagine some of the 130 won't be able to attend so you won't be at the absolute maximum that it can hold.  Plus, even if you're close to that maximum # they know how to make thigns look "uncramped."  Talk w/ your contact there to see how they'd setup for say 100 vs 130 in a layout so you have all your info down on paper.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Grande Ritz Palm next weekend.  I had 165 on my guest list and only 70 are able to make it.  I can give you feed back on the Grande Rtiz Palm in a few weeks if you would like more information.
  • jetobxjetobx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Defintely the Kitty Hawk Pier. We toured both when planning our wedding and I must say that the Pier hosue is much more organized. Not only is it great to have a indoor venue in case of bad weather but you also have the luxury of all of your guests staying there. The other problem with the Grand Ritz is parking...there isnt any! So you have to get transportation for your guests which can be quite expensive when you are already paying so much for the house.
  • edited December 2011
    Brindley Beach provides their parking lot for people to park in for The Grande Ritz Palm.  It is almost right across the street. 
  • rloseccorlosecco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kitty Hawk Pier!!!  But that is because I love the ocean and the sound just doesn't really do it for me.

I am actually a little worried though... We are booked for July 2011, and they said the max capacity is 150.  We intend to keep it as close as we can to 120 due to budget, but it is certainly possible we might have more than 130!

My favorite thing about the Pier is that they do everything.  Some people didn't like that they couldn't have an outside caterer, for example, but we thought the food was good.  They also include table linens, centerpieces, dinnerware, cakecutting and so many other things in the "room rental" fee.  They also tell you up front that 20% gratuity will be included in the bill, which is nice to know!

But its really up to your taste and preferences!  Good luck with the decision!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Do not get married at the Grand Ritz Palm. The house needs repairs in almost every room and Brindley Beach Rentals just ignores you. We were married there on September 25th of this year and the wedding was great in spite of Brindley Beach. The house is rented from friday to friday and check in is at 4 and checkout at 10. That means they only have 6 hours to clean and make repairs before the next person comes in. clearly not enough time. The garages are full so you cannot park in them, the golf cart is locked in a garage which they dont give you a key for. There are broken floor tiles in every room in this house, the sliding doors did not lock, stucco is falling off the house etc...  Dont let the pictures fool you. Avoid this venue because its not worth the exhorbitant price they charge.
  • edited December 2011
    As for parking, Brindley Beach does provide their parking lot, its about a half mile away and I dont know who wants to walk that far in a tuxedo or heels in the sun. The house has parking for 12 cars maximum and you are not allowed to park on the street.
  • starla216starla216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you for the info rhabayeb.  I was just looking at the Grand Ritz Palm as well!  I see houses that are similar to it in architecture, design, and decor, but so far the reviews I've read on all of them is that they are in a state of disrepair.  It's great to have recent feedback from someone who just got married there - thank you!
  • SierraKG23SierraKG23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance, my family and I viewed "The Grande Ritz Palm" a few weeks ago, during Open House. The home and the entire premises was AMAZING!. It was nicer than any movie stars home weI have ever seen on TV. The pictures do not do it justice. We spent about two hours in the home and on the premises. We did not see any of the flaws you described. In fact, there is no tile in the home. It is all marble and onyx. Brides, you need to view this $7.4 Million home during an Open House!
    It sounds like you were not happy with Brindley Beach. We met the owners of the home and they were extremely nice and very helpful. They even gave us their personal cell phone numbers. Apparently, they may not have been happy with Brindley, because they switched back to Carolina Designs as their rental management company. 
     Our wedding is booked for 2012. We are so excited to have the opportunity to stay at this truly luxurious, one-of-a-kind estate.

• SierraKG23SierraKG23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We thought the weekly rate was low, considering the waterfront location, outstanding amenities and finishes, and it accommodates up to 125 guests. The weekly rate includes ceremony chairs set up, tables, chairs, place settings, linens for the reception, and more. Unlike other event homes, there is no additional event fee. Everything is included in the weekly rate. We viewed many other venues and there was no comparison to this $7,400,000 estate and its low weekly rate.

• victoriak003victoriak003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love more information on your Grande Ritz Wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I just saw pictures of the Kitty Hawk Pier and wow, it's beautiful!
    Does anyone have any insde info on what they're charging for an event fee there?
  • edited December 2011
    You actually do not have to use the Hilton for catering. You just have to meet their minimum amount required for food and drink and depending on the number of people you have attending your wedding you could probably meet the minimum with beverages alone. So as long as you meet their minimum you can bring in an outside caterer... atleast I have had friends that got married there that have done so.
  • edited December 2011
    Fees for the kitty hawk pier house for 2011 are $3500 rental fee and $4000 minimum on food/beverage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards