North Carolina-Outer Banks

29 days left!

I am getting so stressed and excited!!  We only have 29 days left until our wonderful beach wedding!!  Just trying to finish our DIYs & trying to think of everything we will have to do still is overwhelming.  Any tips for the last 30 days?

Re: 29 days left!

• Start to tightly pack and inventory everything that you are bringing.  Double check contracts and contact all vendors to verify times, locations, details, etc.  Make sure to delegate any tasks that you need done (i.e. someone to decorate the ceremony space or be your contact person for the caterer on the day of - especially important if you don't have a DOC).  Make sure you have all of the beauty items you might need (like I picked up some of the clinical strength deodorant for the day of which I normally don't wear). 

But most of all - enjoy it!  If you have the time to get most of the details done now, you'll be able to relax a lot more in the days leading up to the big day!
    image June 22, 2012
  • That's a good plan!  Right now my biggest issue is picking out my make up look!  That is taking forever!
  • Are you doing your makeup or having someone do it professionally? 
    image June 22, 2012
  • I'm having someone do it.  I've got her to do it twice and I haven't loved any of the stuff she's done yet.  But I love what she did with my hair!
  • Hmm... I would just look for online inspirations and maybe try some stuff out at home.  I knew what I wanted because I play around with makeup and have tried many different shades of eyeshadow, for instance, over the years.  I know that browns and golds make my blue eyes stand out a lot more than greys do, so I found a picture that showed a "smokey eye" but with browns and golds; the makeup artist recreated it perfectly.  I also bought my own lipstain so that I would have it that day.  Do you have any ideas that you're leaning towards?
    image June 22, 2012
  • My advice - are you going to be at the OBX a few days before your wedding? If so, see if your vendors will meet you all at once at the same time/same place- preferably at your reception site. I did this, and it was a great way to meet anyone I hadn't already met and handle and last minute details. One of my vendors even said she loved it b/c she and the other vendors could discuss anything they might need each other for. (Our reception was in Manteo and many of the vendors work together a lot.)

Other than that? My advice would be to try your best to learn to laugh - things might not go as perfectly as you plan them to. Have a light heart and roll with the punches. In the end, it's about you and your soon-to-be-mr.

Enjoy the rest of your planning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards