North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

108 Brides and decorating recruits

Just out of curiosity, for you 108 Budleigh brides - about how many people did you have to help set up your reception and about how long did it take you to get everything set up?

Re: 108 Brides and decorating recruits

• Options
    We had about 14 people helping us out--that was the entire WP, which was 10 of us including me and H, as well as my SIL's and their BF'.

We got there at about 7:30am and were finished by 9:30-10:00am.

• Options
    Great question! I'm interested in seeing responses too :) I am hoping it will be available the day before so we can rent it to set up. 
    115 Invited image
    73 Accepted image
    37 Declined image
    5 Are MIA image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We are having Shindigs (owned by the daughter of the owners off 108 Budleigh) provide our table cloths and set up all the tables adn chairs.  She said they can be done by 10am, where we will come and and decorate as quickly as possible!  We aren't doing anything too complicated so I'm hoping myself and my six bridesmaids can knock it out pretty quickly.  Our groomsmen will be delivering all the booze :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Does anyone have any experiance working.with shindigs? I have heard some not so great things but it would be convenient to use them because I'm getting married at Budleigh. Also, are their prices comparable to other rental companies? I will need to rent linens and potentially table settings and am on a tight budget. Any good advice for caterers as well? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I would recommend looking into purchasing table linens - it's actually about the same price for me as renting.  Then I'll sell them afterwards.

As far as catering goes, I can't say enough good things about working with Kelly's so far.  Very reasonably priced - include everything you need (silverware, glassware, plates, etc.) for free, plus things like cake cutting are included, while other places charge extra.  And if you're OK with white tablecloths, they have those for free as well (and napkins).  They also bill you after the wedding, which is a little less stressful I think.  Our tasting there was fantastic.  They're very professional, but also very friendly.  They brought us SO MUCH food that we had to take it back to the hotel with us.  Also, they gave us drinks and dessert, which I wasn't expecting.  Easy to work with and great food.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    I find Allison with Shindigs to be pretty hard to get a hold of.  She is very sweet though.  I think pricing seems standard to other rental places.  We didn't want to buy because I don't want to steam them myself, etc.  I also like that we can just throw the linens in the corner at the end of the night; because she's the daughter of the owners.  Allison says she has people on her staff that are also part of the clean up crew for the Budleigh.  We are paying her to set all the tables and chairs up and put the linens out.  It didn't add up to THAT much and is so worth it in my eyes.  We'll go in after her staff and do my table settings and other decor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards