California-Napa
Options

Where to Stay on HM in Napa/Sonoma

Ladies, I am researching for my HM in June 2010 and overwhelmed by all that is Napa/Sonoma!  Any recommendations for nice accommodations that won't break the bank? We're not really B&B people and want more of a "hotel".  What would you say is the difference between staying in Napa versus Sonoma? I've read all the previous posts about wineries to visit and restaurants to eat at which is awesome. Thanks!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
CFNBC
GradyPhotobucket
Riley
RIP Riley 1/4/12
PAIF/SAIF Welcome

Re: Where to Stay on HM in Napa/Sonoma

• Options
    dwprodwpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A very nice hotel and quite reasonable in price is the Bel Abri.  Very charming and a nice location. Love it! Also, La Residence is gorgeous, a little pricier, but worth it. Both hotels are in great locations.  Sonoma is very beautiful but away from the center of all, Napa is where you will find the most famous wineries and restaurants. Congratulations and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Bel Abri (great deal...get on their mailing lists) but it's more of a B&B (the bring hot b-fast to your room in the morning and wine and cheese at night).  VERY NICE for the LOW PRICE.  Embassy Suites in Napa is also very pretty and has the hotel feel that you may be looking for.  Napa may be a little more expensive than staying in Sonoma as it is more popular.  You could also look in the surrounding area of Santa Rosa and Petaluma...the prices will be good out there and you aren't too far from wine tasting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would like to recommend the town of Calistoga. We just got married there and stayed at a place called Indian Springs. It was the greatest place ever, the rooms are cottages and it is very private. It is beautiful and relaxing with the best pool I have ever been in. I cannot wait to go back for anniversaries. Its luxurious enough and has the amenities of a hotel, but you do get the privacy of a b&b.. so not sure if youre interested but I just had to suggest it because we had such an amazing stay there.Calistoga is the least expensive town in Napa to stay in and Sonoma would probably have better prices than Napa. I think there is a mariott or something in Napa that we looked at for our wedding and it was really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Indian Springs. We were married in Calistoga and stayed there for a few days after the wedding. We went back for our first anniversary and it was just as wonderful. Make sure to book a massage at their spa after spending some time in their hot springs pool.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little firecracker. Born on her due date,7/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MarriedBio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I live in Napa and I would 2nd either Bel Abri or La Residence! They are both great and both just a straight shot up the highway to the wineries. Also I would recommend going on a hot air balloon flight! It's the best way to see the valley! For that I would recommend Balloons Above the Valley! I have flown with them, they were awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree La residence is the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards