California-Napa
Options

Sonoma Valley vendors

Hi everyone!!! I'm getting married in Sonoma Valley, Labor Day weekend 2010. But I'm planning this from the East Coast, and I'm actually not from the area.... It's a Destination wedding!! Any vendor recommendations would be highly appreciated! - Photographer -Caterer - Florist Also, any other advice would be appreciated. :) Thanks so much!!!

Re: Sonoma Valley vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think any SF photog will work- you may even expand your search to bay area.  Travel fees should be minimal.We wasted with Wine Valley and Elaine Bell.  Elaine Bell was amazing and we went with them.  We used Huckleberry Karen Designs, but also met with Heather Hendrickson who we liked as well.Where is your venue?
  • Options
    dwprodwpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knickerbockers Catering. They are amazing!! Truly! Also, they are the most reasonable. They came very highly recommended by our venue and we are so thrilled with them. They offer such a varied and unique menu and hors d'oeuvres selection.We were blown away by the food when we went for a tasting.If you would like a copy of their menu, let me know and I will send it over to you.We looked into Elaine Bell, Melissa Teaff, Wine Valley Catering, etc. They are all very good, but very pricey. Knickerbockers, though less expensive than the others, by no means less fantastic quality. We all enjoy great food and wine, dine out every weekend, etc. We are foodies and can tell you, Knickerbockers is unbelievable!For florists, try Lush, Fleurs de France, Vally Flora. All fantastic.Congratulations and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography: Adeline and Grace Photography!!!! Jen Skogg and Augie Chang are good also.Catering: Elaine Bell or Wine Valley CateringFlorist: Lush Good luck planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little firecracker. Born on her due date,7/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MarriedBio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! good to know i am not the only one planning a wedding 3,000 miles away! I am in NY planning an august wedding in Napa. I am using the following people and so far my experience has been WONDERFUL! Photographer- Ken VialeCaterer- Alex's catering...yummy food that is NOT your typical buffet style stuff! Florist- Flowers by Dallas. Let me know if you need any other recommendations! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Theses are all great help. I am also planning my wedding for Sept 2010 in Sonoma. Does anyone have any suggestions for DJ's? thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone...I just posted a bunch of info under "I'm BACK!!!" Dont want to xp too much :)
  • Options
    lenandmelissalenandmelissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm getting married in Napa in Memorial Day weekend, May 2010 and live in Chicago, but I have a ton of family in Napa. I'm using... Photography - Choco StudiosPlanner - Sugar Rush Events, Kristen JensenCaterer - John Sorenson, Lobster BakeFlowers - Claudia KAlso, I used www.vbro.com to find a rental house for my myself, bridesmaids and their dates, and another house for groom, groomsmen and their dates. It's much cheaper than everyone renting a hotel and will probably be more fun to have everyone together. I'm still looking for...DJ or bandRehearsal DinnerHair & Makeup
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hair and Make-up - DO NOT GO WITH NINA BARBOSA!! She was 2 1/2 HOURS LATE!! This made it impossible to take pictures before the wedding like we had wanted. AND she did not stay until I walked down the aisle as promised. The list of negatives goes on and on including her asking me days before the wedding how I came up with the total amount owed and that I needed to add $100 for travel. I referred her to the contract SHE WROTE which stated the total AND that travel was INCLUDED! I know a lot of people rave about her...I was one of those but being that late with no explaination and no apology on my wedding day was inexcusable to me.DJ - Tony Muzzin with Nor Cal Pro Sound was awesome. We got so many compliments about him! He really took the time to listen to what we wanted as clients and was extremely knowledgable. website is www.norcalprosound.com He was the most affordable that we found.Photography - Jody Yorston we are also getting so many compliments about our photos. She and her husband are very laid back, professional, and put people at ease during the wedding. Everyone loved how they were never really "seen" and were very professional and personable.Caterer - DK Catering AWESOME!! I cant say enough about Chef Dave and Patricia (a husband and wife duo). Very professional...they too listened to what our vision was and immediately fixed anything we didnt like. Everyone really liked the food...they created dishes based on what my husband and I liked and were VERY generous with the portion sizes. They were also very thoughtful, leaving us a tray of appetizers at our table as we were taking pictures when they were being passed...having a server just for our table to refill drinks etc. They also left our dinner plates if it didnt look like we were finished.Cake - Laurie Lucov - she created a beautiful cake on OUR budget! Everyone else we spoke too kept telling us they couldnt make a cake on our budget (which we thought was reasonable). Laurie gave us a price break and the cake turned out so beautiful. She also took our ideas, made sketches, presented them to us and delivered! :)I think those are all of our vendors (we did the flowers ourselves). I hope this is helpful to you!
  • Options
    MRandMRShillMRandMRShill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please look into All Seasons All Reasons catering out of Sac. The food is wonderful (our guest couldnt stop talking about it), but the service and staff went above and beyond expectations. We also loved our photographer Jerry Yoon out of San Fran. (www.blogjerry.com) He was so fun to work with and his work is beautiful.
    Congratulations on you upcoming wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in an amazng but reasonably priced wedding coordinators check out Simply U Events (http://www.simplyuevents.com). They are in the Napa/Sonoma area. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    agoldhammeragoldhammer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, all.
    We re getting married Memorial Day weekend in Sonoma. My fiance was raised there, and we live in Oakland, so luckily we are able to give first-hand advice. 

PHOTOS: Amy Kumler amykumlerweddings.com. Her photos are superb - a photojournalistic style.

VENUE: Buena Vista Winery. It is the oldest winery in California and has an awesome tasting room, where we will be hosting the reception. The other location we really liked was Kenwood Farms & Gardens.

CATERING: Actually, advice here would be appreciated. We are deciding between Ken Rochioli and Broadway Catering. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. The tastings were both great and we need to make a decision.

LODGING: Don't get taken for a ride here with the wine country lodging. We went with Lodge at Sonoma, a Marriiot property. They have a shuttle and are making it very easy for our guests. On thing we added on our website was a link to the Google listing of Sonoma bed and breakfasts. There a ton of cute, really nice places that we of course can't reserve a block at. We are encouraging our guests to look there as well as they may find a better price over the holiday weekend.

WEDDING NIGHT: We are staying at Bungalows 313 in Sonoma for the night before and the night of the wedding. This is also where I will get dressed with my bridesmaids.

REHEARSAL DINNER: Not quite decided but these are our top choices: Bluegrass Bar and Grill in Glen Ellen, Della Santina, Maya and El Dorado kitchen.

Hope this helps you out a litte! I would also suggest getting the The Knot Northern California edition. It is immensely helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning from Texas. A destination wedding is tough! Here are my vendors for our May 2010 wedding.

Hotel Room Block: Dry Creek Inn, Healdsburg
    Rehearsal Dinner: Bella Vineyards
    Ceremony: Landmark Winery
    Caterer: Pacific Connection
    Hair and Makeup: It's a Date at the Powder Room
    Transportation:
    California Wine Tours, Inc. (Pure Lux was also recommended)

Photography: Julie Mikos
    Florist: Maria Philbin
    Band: Larry Lynch and the Mob
    Officiate:
    Peadar Dalton was recommended, but not available. I'm still searching for someone to marry us!

and the best decision I ever made...
    Wedding Coordinator: Covenant Coordinating

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Creighton at CJC Photography in January of this year and got my wedding display album and am so so happy.  I just love Creighton and his wedding photography is great.  His packages can be found at http://CJCPhoto.com/pricesand his main wedding web site is at http://CJCPhoto.com.  

Creighton was very professional yet fun to work with.  We got our proofs back in about a week and the display album in about 3 weeks.  I am writing this because Creighton went above and beyond with our wedding day photography so hope he see this some day!
    Elle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Catalina's Skin and Body for all your hair, nails and skin needs.  Tehy do amazing work and having a mani/pedi party the day before with you bridesmaids is the best!!!!!
  • Options
    peter.bernicepeter.bernice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hiii :)

I'm from Chicago too planning a wedding in Sonoma. How fun! How has all the planning been going far away?? I'm just visiting next week to meet with possible vendors and venues. Anyone you highly recommend or i should stay away from?

Do you know Sonia Roselli? She's a makeup artist based in Chicago. And i think she's won numerous awards including Best MakeUp artist in Chicago. I would definitely talk to her if you're still looking for a makeup artist. She did my sister's wedding and I know she's really wanting to get into the scene in Napa/Sonoma.  She's even thinking about moving there.  Check her out and tell her Bernice recommended her. She would absolutely be the best and love to do your wedding.   http://www.soniaroselliweddings.com/

Hope that helps! Good luck! :)

Bernice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm an east coast Sonoma Bride as well.
    We are going with:
    Elaine Bell Caterers
    FleursdeFrance
    Marc Blondin Photograpy
    St Francis Winery-Venue
    Cousteax French Bakery-Cake

We are still up in the air on the rehearsal dinner.  Has anyone been to John Ash & Co?
    image Final Count 54 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards