California-Napa

Officiant - White Robed Monks of St. Benedict

We're thinking of this group for finding our officiant and was wondering if anyone has attended a wedding done by them, or has/is using them for their wedding.  We'll be getting married in the Napa Valley.  What were they like?  How was the experience for you?

Thanks!
Ashley-

Re: Officiant - White Robed Monks of St. Benedict

• edited December 2011
    Well, I am not using them, but they were among the recommended vendors at our site, which means that they have a track record of making couples happy and a high level of professionalism, if that helps.

We went with Paeder Dalton instead, and have so far been happy with that choice.
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • edited December 2011
    We interviewed a priest from this company...we did not go with them because they were not well versed on the customs we wanted to encorporate in our wedding...it was important to me that the officiant had an "attention to detail" and knowledge of various customs that work/dont work at weddings.  We went with Reverend Ed Donaughy (he was a priest at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento but left so that he could marry the love of his life).  I cant say enough about him.  He wore traditional catholic garments and put us completely at ease.  (my husband is not catholic so Rev. Ed took a lot of time with us making sure both of us would be comfortable with the ceremony he had planned)  He knew so much! (How to stand, hold hands etc).  For example, during our "kiss" after the ceremony he ducked behind us so that he would not be pictured.  Also...right at the start of the cermony the sun was going down and was right in my eyes! He whispered to me that he was going to step a certain way to block the sun from my eyes (no one heard him say it).  He's very experienced and you can tell.
  • jwheatie12jwheatie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used them for my first wedding 8 years ago ; ) 

It was lame. 

I didn't want to use the guy (forget his name) but former dh thought he was bizarre so wanted to use him. 

He showed up wearing an outfit that was like the pope.

If you're into that, and being upstaged, go right ahead and book them, but I wouldn't in a million years do that again.

This time I'll have a trusted, sincere, friend or relative do such an important, intimate, assignment.

• edited December 2011
    I am using them for my wedding in the fall. Yes, they wear a white robe, which I didn't think was a big deal. I am using Father Gerry and have talked to him several times and well as met with him. Since my finance and I don't have any strong ties to the church he is perfect for us because he'll still perform a semi religious ceremony (making our parents happy) but we can both relate to him because he's more liberal than most priests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards