California-Napa
Options

Napa/Sonoma Venues...Planning from 2500 miles away!

2»

Re: Napa/Sonoma Venues...Planning from 2500 miles away!

• Options
    lklepczylklepczy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our wedding 9/2010 at the Harvest Inn.  They have a pretty good elopement package for smaller weddings that includes photographer, officiant, etc.  We fell in love with the little vin rose lawn.  I also really liked Viansa and V. Sattui seemed pretty nice.  We are doing the reception at Black Stallion Winery closer to Napa.  They didn't have a minimum price- only minimum wine purchase which was reasonable.  Some of the venues minimums are ridiculous.

If anyone has recs on hair/make-up, I could use some help on that vendor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

I am planning my wedding in Napa/Sonoma as well and am looking at Kunde. Have you found any wineries that let you stay later than 11pm? Or that let you have a longer wedding?

Thanks for the help!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the Alabama ladies ... which venues did you decide on?

We're getting married at Kunde (Boot Hill) on Sunday, July 17, 2011!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jessecrackerjessecracker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,

I am the Event Manager at the Harvest Inn in St. Helena, and we sit on a vineyard.  Our property is beautiful, and I would love for you to check it out and give me a call.  www.harvestinn.com We allow weddings until 11 PM, but we have an area that you can do an after party until 1 AM.  I would love for you to give me a call.  Thanks!

Jessica Thornton
    707-967-4684
    Event Mangager
    Harvest Inn
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just out of curiosity, to those of you who mentioned Kunde--I have been trying to get in touch with someone there for over a month now and have yet to hear back.  Did you experience difficulty as well?

Thanks!

• Options
    manginikmanginik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi everyone! I too am planning a wedding from afar...NYC! I am getting married in June in Sonoma am looking for recommendations for rehearsal dinners...any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello all.  This post is great.  We also live in NYC and we're planning a wedding in June/July 2011 in Sonoma or Napa.  I was hoping someone might be able to provide some vineyard/venue suggestions given our requirements below:

1) We will be having an Indian wedding, so it may be rather large (250 people or so)
    2) We would love to have both the ceremony and reception at the same site, and both events to be outdoors, if possible.
    3) I too prefer later events, so it would be great if the reception could go until 11pm or midnight.
    4) We too would highly prefer to also have liquor (not just beer and wine) available. 
  • Options
    manginikmanginik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I live in New York City and am getting married in Sonoma in June! Reading all of your posts has been a tremendous help in planning this from so far away! Our ceremony is at Chateay St Jean which we also fell in love with! Do you have any recommendations for hair and makeup that day?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jennirose - Initially, no.  I think our first contact at Kunde was with Naomi.  Only complaint was it took a looong time for us to get the contract.  Are you working with a planner?  I'd recommend having her nudge them.  They're really amazing people though, and I don;t know how large their event staff is.

ninamodi18 - We liked Kunde because of the spacious outdoor area.  We're having both our ceremony and reception at Boot HIll.  Unfortunately, if you want the outdoor wedding, you're going to run into problems with the time.  Like us, you'll probably have to setlte on an earlier timeframe.  Pretty much every venue required us to end around 10-10:30.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am researching for a 2012 summer wedding, and was looking at Viansa, but their site fee is pretty expensive and does not include anything according to the packet they sent me..is everyone who chose Viansa on here getting married in the offseason or not on a Saturday??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married there in October on a Sunday to save a couple dollars.  We looked at 25 places and depending on how many people you are having, we found that it actually is the most reasonable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards