January 2012 Weddings

Tell me everything you know about buying a home...

We are looking at houses on Sat. Any tips, questions. or advice would be helpful.

In return, I will have you all over for dinner in my new place.

Re: Tell me everything you know about buying a home...

• I would love to have dinner at your new place (if I wasn't so far away)!

As far as advice make sure you don't buy an "as is" house because then you may not be able to get a home inspection. Another tip would be to ask for the seller to pay for closing costs.

Watch an episode of House Hunter or My First Place on HGTV and you'll get some good ideas.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Keep an open mind on cosmetic stuff like ugly wall paper, its a cheap and easy fit so try your hardest to look past it. Be open to compromise but dont give up something that you really really want. If you find a house that you like but see a few issues, take note and think about having the seller fix it. Most importantly have fun!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • DO NOT, I repeat....DO NOT buy a house without a home inspection!  Even if the seller states they won't fix anything found on one, at least you walk into the deal knowing what you're dealing with and what you're purchasing.  Nothing like spending everything you have (not saying you're doing this) to buy the house and you find out after you move in something major needs done.

Also, while I agree not to let minor fixable stuff prevent you from buying a house, remember that just about anything CAN be changed about a house, but WILL you actually do it?  And if you don't, will it annoy you?
  • I don't know anything, except what a firend went through, and I agree with Mark on this one.

Also, while I agree not to let minor fixable stuff prevent you from buying a house, remember that just about anything CAN be changed about a house, but WILL you actually do it?  And if you don't, will it annoy you?

She changed everything cosmetic she didn't like, and left the important stuff, like the furnace, go. Make sure you have the home inspection and the money to keep up with the stuff that might cost you money.
  • home inspection....got it.

We have a lot of houses to see on Sat.  ok maybe not a lot, but at least 6.  Since we live far, we want to do as many in one day.  Maybe I can remember to update you guys and then you can see which ones we like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards