January 2012 Weddings

Wedding colors

I keep going back and forth on wedding colors because I don't know how appropriate they are for a January wedding. I really love how navy blue and yellow look together but I don't know if it would be strange to have bright yellow in January. Any thoughts?

My favorite inspiration boards have had navy blue, yellow, and hints of chartreuse: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51628897@N05/5219288346/in/set-72157625495629852/
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket

Re: Wedding colors

• Here is an inspiration board of navy and chartreuse.
    http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2009/03/inspiration-board-107-navy-blue.html

I like the idea of navy and yellow, but I can't see all three colors together I guess.

I'm doing charcoal grey and bright colors like pink, yellow and purple in flowers.

BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I am doing black BM dresses and the bouquets will be dark red, dark purple and white.  You dont have to limit yourself to just 2 colors!
    Photobucket
  • do whatever colors you want! I think those colors will be great. And like "estegeman" said...you don't have to choose just 2 colors. We are doing: white/ivory, light blues, metalics (gold and silver) along with snowflakes and diamonds/sparkles. Its a lot easier when you have options other than just 2 colors!

Do whatever makes you happy and comfortable!
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • As PP's said, use more colors if you feel so inclined! I think more than 4 or 5 that aren't similar to each other (ie shades of the same color) would be a bit much, but the 3 you mentioned sound really nice! I am using crimson red with charcoal grey, but also with hints of silver and black. Good luck!
  • I think yellow would be fine for a January wedding.  Just because it's winter doesn't mean it can't be cheery!  We are using dark blue and silver to match my engagement ring, which is a sapphire and a white gold band.  But we are also mixing in white, black and gray.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:200e7fe8-3bb2-427f-ae57-cb0389f141a6Post:f6cf45e0-9358-4a24-9c59-5f94b408fe4c">Re: Wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]do whatever colors you want! I think those colors will be great. And like "estegeman" said...you don't have to choose just 2 colors. We are doing: white/ivory, light blues, metalics (gold and silver) along with snowflakes and diamonds/sparkles. Its a lot easier when you have options other than just 2 colors! Do whatever makes you happy and comfortable!
    Posted by LaurenAsh23[/QUOTE]

I agree with LaurenAsh! I am doing the tradtional white, grey/silver with diamonds/sparkles/snowflakes ;-)
  • I think you could do those colors together. Maybe the yellow you could have could be a golden yellow? Gold is thought to be one of the acceptable colors for the winter if it's paired with the right color.
  • I think that will be great! I think it depends what kind of flower you have that is yellow. Obviously if it's a sunflower that will be a little weird for winter but if you pick the right flower i think you can TOTALLY make it work! I'm doing a dark teal color, lots of sites call it oasis, with chocolate brown, cream, and silver to bring in the winter feel :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE the idea board! It's beautiful, and I think it would totally be great for a winter.

We are useing icy blue and white. I am trying to paint the inside of clear ornaments to put into vases for the centerpieces, so to contrast the texture of the opaque blue and white, we are trying to figure out how to do a faux mercury glass. I will hopefully have some pics to post and get everyone's opinion by the end of the week.

happy new year you guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards