January 2012 Weddings

Burned Out

I am so burned out. I am finding every day I work that my job is NOT a good fit for me. Taking care of six one years olds is so stressful. They are always getting hurt. I have kids that bite other kids, kids that sratch other kids, kids that hit kids with toys, kids that climb on top of tables, scale the shelves, etc. I am trying the best I can to prevent things from happening, but it is inevitable, the kids are going to get hurt, it's their age. My boss told me I have way too many accidents happening in my room and parents are threatening to pull their kids from the center because of it.

I've been searching for a teaching job in an elementary school for a month now and had three interviews. Even if I get hired to teach elementary I need a different job for the summer. If I stay at the center I fear I will be so burned out I won't be able to properly prepare for the school year in an elementary room. Also I am so stressed out I am starting to yell at Anthony for no reason. I almost put in my two weeks notice yesterday without having a back up plan. I applied to Petco today, so we'll see if they call for an interview. I need something less stressful.

Is anyone else getting burned out????
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Burned Out

• Me! Me! Me!

I want out of where I'm at so bad.  I'm now down two people, leaving me to do everything!

Hopefully, you can get out of where you're at.
  • Hang in there Megan! Don't quit until you have a back up plan (unless your hubby and you agree that's the best thing for you.) Try your best to not let the stress get to you. You'll get another job soon enough and all this will be behind you. Have faith.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Um... yes... but you saw that in my other post. hang in there,  you can do it.

My problem has to be I went to school for too many years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards