January 2012 Weddings

Mirena reviews (anyone have advice?)

Hi ladies,

This is NWR, but I thought this would be a good place to get advice about the Mirena IUD.  I am thinking about this form of birth control since the hubby and I are not looking to have kids for at least 5 years.  If any of you are on this can you give me some advice as far as what the experience was like for you?  My main worry with this is acne.  I have been on the pill for the past 10yrs and have my acne under control now, but I had to switch pills for awhile until I found one that worked for me. 

Thanks in advance!!
Photobucket

Re: Mirena reviews (anyone have advice?)

• Mirena has been the best thing that's ever happened to my vagina.  With that being said, I've had NO issues whatsoever.  However, I've heard VERY mixed reviews about it.  Some people either love it or hate it,literally.  I've had mine for about 2.5 years.  It hurt like hell to put in.  I bled for a couple of days,TMI, sorry, yall!  I have not had a period in about 2.5 years.  It's been great and I have had no weird/crazy side effects.  If you have any other questions, let me know!
  • I have had about 20 lbs weight gain, but I was also diagnosed with hypothyroid (totally not associated!!) and was boozin a bit too much, so I can't honestly say it's been totally the Mirena's fault.
  • Thanks for your review!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards