January 2012 Weddings
Options

Bursting at the Seams!

My interview for 4th grade writing teacher was on April 25th. I sent a thank you note to the principal on April 30th. I have been sitting around trying to wait as patiently as possible since he told me he would not be making a decision until June. Now it is half way through May and I am bursting at the seams. I decided I am going to call the school tomorrow to check on the status of my interview and also send the principal an email to his school email asking about the position and letting him know I am still VERY interested. I want this position so badly, even though I have never taught writing on this level. I even started looking up ideas on how to organize the student's work during the writing process. I found two really cute ideas on pinterest. BURSTING!!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Bursting at the Seams!

• Options
    I really hope your outcome is better than mine was! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks Tara! Even if my outcome is the same I am sure we will both find something eventually.

• Options
    Actually, my post got deleted so I'm not sure you know, but I didn't get the job that I interviewed for. The principal called me last week to tell me that there is a languge arts teacher in her building who is transferring to it. Then she asked me if I would like to be considered for the language arts position. I said yes, of course! I then asked her for feedback of my interview and she said wonderful things.

Then that night I found out through facebook that the language arts postion was filled so what was the point of telling me I'd be considered for it? Also there is an add in the paper for it. I'm just hoping that it's really not filled and that I still have a chance, but when the principal got off the phone with me she said, "Have a great summer." Why would she say that if she really was interested in me? Ugh! I hate this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_bursting-at-the-seams?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:7baa131e-8f82-4034-a90d-5adc9f17c3e1Post:90ed916f-84c9-4f6d-be6b-58f5d8cadb07">Re: Bursting at the Seams!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Tara! Even if my outcome is the same I am sure we will both find something eventually.
    Posted by MeganNN12[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! I sure hope!</div>
  • Options
    I knew that you didn't get the job you interviewed for. I didn't know they already filled the LA position they told you about. I'm sorry to hear about that. Just keep applying and following up. It's working like a charm for me!
  • Options
    Thanks, I will. I'm not ever going to give up. I know one day someone will see that I am a great teacher and that I will be a great assest at their school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards