January 2012 Weddings

True Friends

When I think of a true friend I think of someone who is there for you through thick and thin, someone who will go out of there way for you, and someone who will want to get together with you, and there would be no question about coming to your wedding or bridal shower. My sister told me tonight that we have 6 people that have not RSVP-ed to my bridal shower, which is next Sunday. She had the RSVP date as Nov. 20. The people that are attending are mostly my FI's female relatives (some whom I barely know) and only about three of my friends.

There is one friend in particular that I've been friends with for almost 10 years now. We've been fairly close throughout the years but she SUCKS at attending my get-togethers. She always has an excuse. She's tired, she has to work, or she's not in the partying mood is what she tells me. My feelings get hurt when she doesn't attend my parties. Now here we go again! She facebook messaged me last week and said she probably wouldn't be able to attend my shower because  she works on Friday and Saturday. I responded, "My shower is on Sunday so hopefully you'll be able to make it." She didn't reply.

It's not just her I'm upset about. It's all my friends (with the exception of about two) in general. I just feel like I am a true friend to them, but they are not a true friend to me. I would never considering missing an important party or shower of theirs.

Also, I have not received wedding RSVPs from some of my so-called friends either and it's upsetting me. I put a deadline of Dec. 15 so I guess I'll see within the next few weeks weather they care enough to send it back. And if their answer is no, I can't get upset. I'll have to let it go and realize they are not a true friend. (Well unless they have a REAL good reason).

Are any of you feeling the way I am?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards