January 2012 Weddings
Options

...And then my day gets worse! Vent and rant. Family drama

As if my frustration about detials wasn't enough....my younger sister (one of my bridesmaids) dropped a bomb on me today

My parents are divorced and both got remarried. My sister and my stepmother had a falling out over the summer and haven't had contact since. My sister is still very hurt over things that were said and whatnot, which I completely understand and I am not trying to downplay that. Both saids said very hurtful and downright mean things to each other. Over the summer it looked like my dad and stepmother were going to split for good, but she got the help she needed and they worked things out. Now they are living together again and are really happy. Well, my sister is not so happy. She refuses to talk to our stepmother, even though I do and the relationship between her and my dad is very strained, when they were very close.

So today, my sister and I were talking wedding and she was helping me do a few things and she asked me if our stepmother was still invited. I said yes, she was. My sister then informs me that if our stepmother is invited, she's dropping out as a bridesmaid. Not only that, she won't show up at all. AUGH. I calmly explained to my sister that I understand her feelings towards the situation and how hurt and upset she still is, but this isn't about her, it's about me. I don't want to sound spoiled, but it's my wedding and I decide who I want there and who I dont. I also told her that I wasn't asking her to sit right next to her at dinner and talk up a storm with her. Just to be civil. For all I care she could totally ignore her the entire night. My sister said that it didn't matter. If the step-mom was there, she was dropping out.

AUGH
09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards