Pennsylvania-Central

Venues

Hi everyone!
I was looking for some insight as to some venues in Lancaster County.  I have some appointments set up to get information with a few and am anxiously waiting for some other venues to return my messages.  Anyone have any good input for me or ideas on venues?  Thanks!

Re: Venues

• edited December 2011
    Hmm.. here are a few lancaster venues that have gotten good feedback that I've heard...Riverdale Manor, Perfect Settings, Country Barn, Cameron Estate Inn, Hamilton Ballroom, and I believe it's called the Cork Factory Inn.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok I am scheduled to meet with one of those places.  I am very interested in another.  They seem to be ignoring me at the moment though.  Thanks for your input!  I will have to check out some of the ones you listed.
  • edited December 2011
    Just a tip.. if you're not getting any feedback or communication within a reasonable time frame from any vendor.. you might want to rethink using them.   If they're not meeting you expectations from the start, how will they react on your wedding day.  Wish we would have done so with our DJ.. he was a mistake.  Good Luck:)
  • edited December 2011
    That is so true!  I was thinking that but my wants seem to mess up the truth sometimes.  Thanks for the reality check!
  • KahunaChicKahunaChic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what part of Lancaster Co. you are looking at, but we got married at Foxchase Golf Course in Stevens and could not rave enough about our wedding there.
  • edited December 2011
    I hear good things about Foxchase.  We are getting married at the Eicher Arts Center in Ephrata.  It's a smaller venue, and very rustic. 
  • edited December 2011
    I had my reception at the Hamilton Ballroom in October.  I loved the space and the coordinators were extremely helpful!  If you have any questions just ask.
  • edited December 2011
    Were using the Cork Factory Hotel. I haven't had any terrible experiences with them so far. We booked while they were still renovating the building.

Other places in Lancaster you could try are the James Buchanan Mansion at Wheatland (you would have to rent a tent in case of rain). Steinman Park/The Pressroom (downtown Lanc). The Lancaster Convention Center (also downtown).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Riverdale Manor in April and had an absolutely wonderful experience. The food was amazing (all of my guests were raving about it) and the team there made the day run absolutely seamlessly. Major plus for us, we had 2 coordinators there all day, so we didn't need to hire a DOC.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • higgydt4higgydt4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Mulberry Art Studio. The ladies that work there are SO FRIENDLY!! I have not met anyone nicer and they are so great to work with.

A previous comment stated you should look into James Buchanan Wheatland but I called them and they are starting renovations this fall and it will last 18 months so they aren't really booking any weddings at the end of 2010 or 2011.

I definitely reccomend Mulberry. It's unique and beautiful.
  • xxtreemchik2xxtreemchik2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using the Rock Ford Plantation in the Lancaster County Park, which is beautiful and has a nice rustic feel. The coordinator has been extremely helpful and has been very good about getting back to me. I had also looked into the Riverdale Manor and their grounds where delightful and elegant the only reason that I hadn't gone with them was my budget. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is at Pheasant Run Farm B&B.  I also liked some metioned above.  Also, I'd add Landis Valley Museum.  I know of someone else who just checked out the Iris Club in the city.  Never been there. 
  • queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always recommend Lime Spring Farms and Riverdale Manor. Two places I wish I'd booked for our wedding. We're holding our reception at Hamilton Ballroom and so far have not had a good experience with them. (Our wedding is next year, though, so maybe they've been busy with current weddings.) Apparently their new venue the Cork Factory is nice too.

A few others:
    Lancaster County Winery
    The Barn at Overlook
    Drumore Estates
    Cameron Inn Estate (their pricing blew us away, though)
    Foxchase Golf Club (we loved their space, but too many family members have gotten married there!)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the ideas and information!  It will be definately be useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards