January 2012 Weddings

How is married life so far?

Any different? Same? My hubby is sweeter than ever I think he is showing a new side. Strange that marriage would do that. We have had some obstacles to over come the last week but I think that is just life. It makes us stronger.

Re: How is married life so far?

• Hasn't been any different so far for us. I am sick and he is is being helpful, but that is about all.
  • Hasn't been too different yet. I still don't think it's sunk in yet. Maybe it will after the honeymoon. We leave Wed for it! We are both super excited!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Married life is great! We finally got a new car which is awesome and things are really looking up for us.

But, I finally have gotten sick. I've been fighting a cold since the beginning of Jan, refusing to be sick for the wedding. Now it has racked my body = ( But hubby is being super sweet and helpful!
    09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
  • Married life is great! It's so different but seems so natural for us. We didn't live together before we got married or even "do what married people do" lol as one of my married friends says..lol! but everything is going well. My new job is great. My manager thinks I'm awesome!..lol not bragging that's what he told my husband. He (my manager) is a huge supporter of marriage and family life so he welcomes my husband to come visit me at work and bring me lunch as much as he would like. He knew that taking this job I would be working opposite schedules from my husband. So far it's working out great. I'm now closer to my friends again even though I still haven't seen any of them since the wedding. lol. (when I moved back home after college it was 4 hours away). So far married life is so far so great!!! :)
  • It's pretty much the same as before with one exception: he is now comfortable with the idea of babies. He treats my nieces and nephews differently now. Much more affectionate toward the kiddos. :) which is good since I have always worried about his willingness to think kids when it gets down to it. :) Altogether a great experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Everyone sounds like they are adjusting well to marriage life! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not too much has changed for us. We have been living together and acting like a married couple for a while.  Since I got a new internship, I never stop running.  I am afraid I am going to get sick!  J is still looking for a job.  I think that has been stressful for him, cause he is not the "bread winner"

I am glad to get updates on everyone! I have been thinking about you guys.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_married-life-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ab344ac5-60a9-4059-afd6-826fd1a858b4Post:8bb13dc8-2b7d-426e-9255-999b10e53a06">Re: How is married life so far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hasn't been any different so far for us. I am sick and he is is being helpful, but that is about all.
    Posted by awarm014[/QUOTE]

<div>I hope you feel better soon! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_married-life-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ab344ac5-60a9-4059-afd6-826fd1a858b4Post:7adf0940-cc70-4a3f-b1a0-7ff56cd9956e">Re: How is married life so far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Married life is great! We finally got a new car which is awesome and things are really looking up for us. But, I finally have gotten sick. I've been fighting a cold since the beginning of Jan, refusing to be sick for the wedding. Now it has racked my body = ( But hubby is being super sweet and helpful!
    Posted by lovealwaysfindsaway8202011[/QUOTE]

<div>Wishing you well.! It's no fun to be sick! </div>
  • Ditto hippolover.  We've been living like a married couple with a joint account and everything for a few years.  Although he does seem a bit sweeter lately.  Maybe it's just that newly wedded bliss.  :)  Overall, it's the same but better.  And here I didn't think it could get any better.  I guess we're just happy to be in the next step/stage of our lives together. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_married-life-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ab344ac5-60a9-4059-afd6-826fd1a858b4Post:bc8af79f-602b-401f-943f-f2a6dfa7a3ab">Re: How is married life so far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is married life so far? : I hope you feel better soon! 
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]
    Thanks I am feeling a little better already.
  • Married life is great! I can't believe that we've been Married 17 days already-- feels like it was just last week!! Kinda sad that it passed by so quickly and it's over!!! Ready to get life back to normal-- hanging out with friends, etc. still working on thank yous.. Can't wait until we're done!! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!!
  • Pretty good. Studying for boards. Applying for jobs. Writing thank you notes. We need to go buy a car since his was totaled last year, I'm putting it off as long as possible since I hate car shopping and spending money. It felt like the wedding night FLEW by!
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Its not much different for us either... except its more special (if thats possible) lol. I can tell H is happy! So am I :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Since we already lived together before the wedding, nothing much in that arena has changed.

We are always smartasses and making jokes, but we are REALLY giggly lately. HA!Laughing
    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_married-life-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ab344ac5-60a9-4059-afd6-826fd1a858b4Post:8bb13dc8-2b7d-426e-9255-999b10e53a06">Re: How is married life so far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hasn't been any different so far for us. I am sick and he is is being helpful, but that is about all.
    Posted by awarm014[/QUOTE]

Me too! Who wakes up in a tropical climate with a cold? I think she has it too. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_married-life-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ab344ac5-60a9-4059-afd6-826fd1a858b4Post:a16287d3-3d2e-4637-b391-03eeb29b2fdf">Re: How is married life so far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is married life so far? : Me too! Who wakes up in a tropical climate with a cold? I think she has it too. :(
    Posted by jtmh2012[/QUOTE]
    A<a href="http://www...." rel="nofollow">www....</a> it is probably that you had it before the wedding, but the stress in your body keeps it away, and then when you come down off the stress, your immune system basically dies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards