Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Please help!!! :( :(

Way back when we booked our caterer I told them we didnt need any servers (we ar doing a buffet style). I dont know WHAT I was thinking...certainly not about any details. Now, with less than 3 months to go...details keep me up at night! Anyways...we went this morning to finalize the menu, and I told her we actually would need servers. THEY DONT HAVE ANY FOR THAT DAY!!! I just about cried. So...where can I get servers from?? I am going to call Mack Hospitality on Monday, but is there anywhere else that does that sort of thing?? The wedding is in Lancaster. Please help before I have a melt down!!!

Re: Please help!!! :( :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you ask folks from a church? That's what I did and it was a big help. How many are you needing?
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

First of all I would expect my caterer to figure this out. They should have back-ups for this kind of problem or at least tell you where you can get servers at. Try being a little pushy with that. Ask them what they can do about it, places to try to find people.

Places to try if they don't help:
    - Hotels (they have a lot of experienced banquet servers)
    - Other banquet halls or event places
    - Restaurants..if you're a regular at a restaurant ask staff if they want to do your wedding for some extra cash.
    -Community - any people you may know from churches, neighbors, etc.
    -Last resort - post something on craigslist or go to a culinary school - College kids are always looking for extra cash in their pockets.

If you're doing a buffet you really only need attendants to keep things looking fresh. You could probably get away with 1-2 servers if you had to.

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards