January 2012 Weddings

Rose and Thorn Round 2

Rose: I got called in for an interview at another elementary school in LaBelle. I am calling them back tomorrow morning before I go to work to set up the interview.

Thorn: I have to find out how to request the time off from my current job to go to the interview. Today before I left work I told them I needed to schedule an appointment, but I may not be able to give two weeks notice. My boss asked me what kind of appointment it was "a regular doctor's appointment?" I just told them it is an appointment I have to go to in LaBelle (it's an hour and a half away from my job). She told me to try and do my best to schedule the appointment for 2 weeks out and that if it is any sooner she can't guarantee I'll get it off. Ugh! I just can't win! I'll know more tomorrow morning when I call to set up the interview.

I'll take any advice in handling the situation. Thanks in advance!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Rose and Thorn Round 2

• I would just called out sick if I were you, but now it's too late for that. Your boss sounds terrible. She doesn't need to know what kind of appointment it is. That's your buisness. You are entitled to a person day every now and then! So when you find out when the school wants you to come in, you should just tell her that you need the day off due to a doctor's appointment. She doesn't need to know anything more! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • You could always see if they can do a phone interview on your lunch?  If they say no, then you aren't out anything. If they say yes, then you are able to do both.

Good Luck.

PS...this is Jen under a new name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_rose-and-thorn-round-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d79d972c-653f-430d-9c57-74467e2323f8Post:ac45ad36-b4c7-4143-b83a-ef61f2e4c61d">Rose and Thorn Round 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just told them it is an appointment I have to go to in LaBelle (it's an hour and a half away from my job). She told me to try and do my best to schedule the appointment for 2 weeks out and that if it is any sooner she can't guarantee I'll get it off. Ugh!
    Posted by MeganNN12[/QUOTE]

Places like that just make me sick.....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_rose-and-thorn-round-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d79d972c-653f-430d-9c57-74467e2323f8Post:06aa01dd-2995-4d3b-b792-f9e68fd7071e">Re: Rose and Thorn Round 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could always see if they can do a phone interview on your lunch?  If they say no, then you aren't out anything. If they say yes, then you are able to do both. Good Luck. PS...this is Jen under a new name.
    Posted by jjbmstinco[/QUOTE]

<div>Why did you create a new name?</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wanted a new one for awhile but didn't bother with it. Its just pretty obvious on the MN board and CO board and for someone who got married in Jan. I am from a small town so I know people could of figured out it was me. There aren't many people who love hippos like I do.

I might be a little paranoid, so when I posted on TN, I just created a new name.  Sometimes it will transfer over to TK.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_rose-and-thorn-round-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d79d972c-653f-430d-9c57-74467e2323f8Post:c85d794d-ecf1-42fe-9de7-d2fe5b6a8824">Re: Rose and Thorn Round 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted a new one for awhile but didn't bother with it. Its just pretty obvious on the MN board and CO board and for someone who got married in Jan. I am from a small town so I know people could of figured out it was me. There aren't many people who love hippos like I do. I might be a little paranoid, so when I posted on TN, I just created a new name.  Sometimes it will transfer over to TK.
    Posted by jjbmstinco[/QUOTE]

<div>Good thinking!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_rose-and-thorn-round-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d79d972c-653f-430d-9c57-74467e2323f8Post:411dc603-8b27-4f65-a93f-89d37b39f4d9">Re: Rose and Thorn Round 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rose and Thorn Round 2 : Places like that just make me sick.....
    Posted by jtmh2012[/QUOTE]

I agree. My MIL told me she doesn't understand why they are being this way, it's not like there are people lining up at the door to replace me if I leave my current job. She told me I'm allowed to have a personal life and I'm allowed to get sick.

Yesterday when I went to the bathroom for a second time in 20 mins (it was an emergency) my boss texted me asking me what I was doing. I didn't get the message until I left work, but she was spying on me when I was going to the bathroom. Checking to see if I had my phone with me while I was in there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_rose-and-thorn-round-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d79d972c-653f-430d-9c57-74467e2323f8Post:e327735c-a341-4535-b763-19508b7ae24e">Re: Rose and Thorn Round 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yesterday when I went to the bathroom for a second time in 20 mins (it was an emergency) my boss texted me asking me what I was doing. I didn't get the message until I left work, but she was spying on me when I was going to the bathroom. Checking to see if I had my phone with me while I was in there.
    Posted by MeganNN12[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG, that's terrible!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards