January 2012 Weddings
Options

Confessions WR or not

I left my job of almost 9 happy years 3 months ago to peruse a job in just human resources (I did general business office before). While I know I am going to learn so much from this new job I already know this is not long term. There are a lot of things I see that, as an HR person, I have to raise my eyebrow at but don't feel like I can do anything about it.
This morning I was told by a higher up that if an employee didn't have the "g*d d**n" (her exact words) paperwork done they shouldn't work. Even though I told the supervisor about the missing paperwork a few weeks ago I feel like I'm at fault even though the supervisor should be the one to take the employee off the floor and not me. That completely deflated me. No employee should be spoken to like that, I don't care who you are or what your position is.

Any confessions you'd like to get off your back?
Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Confessions WR or not

• Options
    That doesn't sound like your fault. It sounds like your supervisor is being condensending to make it seem like you did something wrong. 

My confession is---Fi flew out to Denver to find us a safe and nice place to live.  I didn't get to see it before we signed the lease, but he is pretty proud of himself.  Really---I hate this place.  Its about 1/2 the size of my old apt and not 1/2 the price. Its too small, people are loud, and I just hate it.  I don't like to tell him this becuase he already feels like he made me uproot my life away my family to follow him for his schooling.  He was so proud of himself for getting this place, but man it sucks. :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_nwr-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:f111ca48-0576-4bc6-bfb7-150772eac382Post:c14656cd-7d53-4811-b26b-3bf3608e5f78">Re: Confessions WR or not</a>:
    [QUOTE]That doesn't sound like your fault. It sounds like your supervisor is being condensending to make it seem like you did something wrong.  My confession is---Fi flew out to Denver to find us a safe and nice place to live.  I didn't get to see it before we signed the lease, but he is pretty proud of himself.  Really---I hate this place.  Its about 1/2 the size of my old apt and not 1/2 the price. Its too small, people are loud, and I just hate it.  I don't like to tell him this becuase he already feels like he made me uproot my life away my family to follow him for his schooling.  He was so proud of himself for getting this place, but man it sucks. :(
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

It is only a lease I'm assuming for 12 months. Hang tight and the time will fly by and you can look for a new place to live! I've lived in a crappy apartment before, so I kinda know how you feel. Just keep in mind that you wont live there forever! The apartment is just a roof over your head... the love that is in it is what makes it a home!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Thank you for the reminder.  I needed it.  I am sure I will need it a few more times.  Thankfully its a month to month lease.  ;)
    And since we don't have anyone else out here but each other, I do feel that we have gotten closer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards