Arizona-Tucson

Invitations?

Does anyone know of any good invitation stores in the Tucson area?  Or atleast places to view DIY invitation kits?  Thanks!

Re: Invitations?

• lamhamlamham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at DIY kits at Michaels and also at Staples.  They were fine, but I didn't want anything too complex, so I just designed my own and had them printed.
  • wild onionwild onion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late replying to this, but maybe it'll help someone out.  I made invitations for my Hawaii wedding using supplies from Paper Paper Paper on Ft. Lowell (www.p3online.com).   They've got lots of handmade papers and just about any size/color envelopes and paper you could want.  It's probably not as cheap as buying online, but you can feel the weight of the paper and see if the colors match, which was worth the extra cost to me.  Hope that helps!
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hallmark is also an amazing resource for invitations, no matter how many you need or what your budget is. There are a ton of different options... most stores have DIY invitation kits (both write-on and that you print yourself on your computer), and a couple stores in Tucson also have custom printing, both in-store (which is surprisingly affordable and has a same day or next day turn-around time) and Carlson Craft (which can be a bit more pricey but are extremely elegant and intricate, with about a two week turn-around). I recommend the in-store custom printing for smaller weddings or a wedding on a budget. There are many options and you can stand right there and design your invitation on the spot with an associate, which makes it very personal. Either way, the associates are always willing to give you as much time and attention as you need, and are extremely knowledgeable. Custom printing and Carlson Craft are available at the Tucson Mall and Oro Valley stores, as well as a few stores in the Phoenix area.

Like the last gal said, I know this info comes a bit late, but hopefully it will help someone find what they are looking for! :)
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • net411net411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered our Save the Dates AND wedding invitations from www.weddingpaperdivas.com, not only do we LOVE them, but we have gotten SOOOO many compliments. They have an outstanding selection and you can see what the invite looks like as you create it! Good Luck!!!
  • lilianablilianab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a bit late too but thought I would respond anyways. We decided to get the DIY kits from Michaels. We lucked out with prices because we were ablel to use the 40% off coupons for each one of our kits. The invitations were a lot more complicated to print than we had anticipated. The directions on the box are not very specific so be prepared to do most of the guess work. Our invitations kept going into the printer crooked,so make sure you buy a bunch extra. We ended up having to tape each invitation onto a regular sheet of paper and then feed it individually into the printer. It took forever!!! We tried taking them to Kinkos but the invitation was 1 inch too small and they couldn't do it for us. The invitations looked beautiful when they were finished but you may want to save yourself the headache and go to a speciality store that does this all of the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards