Arizona-Tucson

Smaller venues?

Hi everyone! I'm in need of help. I have just started planning my wedding for Feb or March 2011. So far it looks like we are looking at about 35-50 guests total. I have been looking around at various Tucson venues and have been hitting a wall because everything seems to be on a much grander scale than I need or am looking for. I would like something smaller and more personal and private, so definitely not a hotel or reception hall, and I would like to have both the ceremony and reception in the same location. I would prefer outdoor for both, but I'm willing to compromise on that. Most importantly, I need something that is very affordable, as my TOTAL wedding budget currently is about $4000-$5000. So far I have scheduled appointments to look at the Stillwell House and The Copper Room at Hotel Congress. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help and ideas you can give me! Laughing
April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Smaller venues?

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try some bed & breakfasts?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    There are some great B&b's in town, it just depends on what kind of space you are looking for.

this one is great: http://www.cactuscove.com/index.htm      but the owner wants it limited to 30ish guests, which is why we decided not to try doing it there.  We're looking at about 50 ppl.  just go to the yellow pages and look up B&Bs for Tucson.  You'll get a bunch to call & look at.

Stillwell house is great because it is so affordable for smaller weddings.  That was my second choice, after Tanque Verde Guest Ranch.

Other venues I've run into are:
  • t.kaufmant.kaufman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also consider renting a private estate for the night/weekend or however long you need it. Get something with a great patio and you're good to go. Try vrbo.com or homeaway.com to look at some houses that you could rent. Then you would save money on catering too, especially on the alcohol since you can buy your own. It takes a little more work and coordinating since you have to do it all on your own without event staff helping you, but the unique location and personalized space might be worth it. That's what we're doing.
  • talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are all great suggestions.  I'd add to that the Tohono Chul park, which was a little small for us but could be perfect for you. They have a tea room with a nice outdoor patio and you can get married there or in the park.
    http://www.tohonochulpark.org/wordpress/dine/rentals/

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SkyeUofASkyeUofA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Ann's Chapel and Corona Ranch would be great for you.
    Also, the B&B's were good suggestions.
    Would you prefer a Ranch, a personal setting, a golf course? Tucson loves their ranches, so there are plenty if you like that style.
    St. Ann's was one of my favorites when we looked. BUT, with the small amount the offer, it can quickly add up in price.

Another place we were leaning toward that hasn't been suggested yet was:
    arizona national golf club
    www.arizonanationalgolfclub.com

9777 East Sabino Greens Drive
    Tucson, AZ 85749-9152
    (520) 749-3636

They were willing to work with price, food choices, they had a nice entrance and a great view. You have locker rooms to get ready in. It is great there! The food is yummy too. They are a lot cheaper than they look. :) 
  • lgiekosunlgiekosun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Tohono Chul park. It's on the North side of town Oracle/Ina area. It's great for smaller weddings. And so beautiful. Both wedding and reception are outside. Not to mention it's not breaking the bank! You can google the park and go talk to them. They are super friendly also. Have you found an officiant yet? That is next on my list.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony/reception at Stillwell House (50 people), they have an awesome package called Love is in the Air, but you have to have a 50ppl minimum.
    Lisa and Jared 10.3.10
    Planning Bio(clicky) Updated 10/1/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Favorite Wedding Picture
  • edited December 2011
    Botanical gardens. They Xeriscape is 60 people max, and the rental is 900$. They include garden tables and chairs, and something like 4 long tables for food and such. You can also do the Porter Hall it's up to 120 people for 1,200$. Good Luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards