Arizona-Tucson

Vendor Reviews

My wedding was a couple weeks ago and now that things have died down I wanted to report back to you all. 
Reception: Tucson Botanical Gardens.  The reception garden/porter hall area was beautiful and worked great for the almost 100 guests. It was just a little bit dark once the sun went down but the TBG staff pulled out some portable lamp posts eventualy and that lit things up a bit.  Jan, the contact person we had been working with for months was unable to be there to oversee the actual reception due to some last minute personal business.. everything went fine but I would have liked to have her there since she was the one we planned everything with..
Hair and make up: The Source Salon and Spa.  Erin did my hair and Joolie did my make up...I couldn't have been happier with both! they made me feel like a princess! and at The Source they use all environmentally friendly products..
Flowers: AJ's and Safeway at Ina and Oracle: I went to Aj's for roses and a couple unique things like some sort of white berry and spider mums and some other things.. just whatever they had that looked nice. And then at Safeway i just grabbed a dozen ready made bouquets for the reception tables. I was really pleased by the selection at safeway.. it was almost even better than Aj's as far as quality and price.
Photographer: Stephanie Epperson www.stephephotography.com   She was great! and the photos turned out beautifully. She worked quickly in the little time we had to take pics after the ceremony and has a great eye for photography.
Cake: AJ's the cake was mango and it was fantastic!
Bartender: Patti Clawges She is VERY reasonably priced and completed her job adequetly but she bad mouthed my wine choices to my guests... who are obviously my friends and family and so relayed her bad mouthing to me. Very unprofessional.  And she didn't serve half of the soda or drinks we bought because she didn't even look for them. we were all busy doing other things and she was told were to look for the drinks but she didn't bother to find all of them... i'm not really sure why and it's not a huge deal if there weren't 20 soda options but we ended up with a lot of extra soda and champage because she didnt serve some things.
Catering: Acacia The food was great and the servers were very organized and professional.  Acacia worked with me to customize a menu and helped me get everything I wanted within my budget. All the guests commented how good the food was!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards