Arizona-Tucson

Alfred Angelo experiences, please?!?!

So I found a GREAT dress at AA, it very well may be the one.  However, I jumped online to read some reviews and can find nothing positive at all!!  Have any of you had a good experience you can tell me about? As of right now I'm kinda scared to go back, yikes! Thanks :)

Re: Alfred Angelo experiences, please?!?!

• edited December 2011
    My photographer got married within the last year and she bought her dress there. She said that everyone was wonderful and she had the best experience. She highly recommended it to me.
  • JenniCakesazJenniCakesaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a horrid experience in there. The girl that was at the front when I walked in took 10 mins to acknowledge me and then she was snippy about me working on a budget because I didn't want to spend 5k on a dress. I don't know I wouldn't ever walk in there again for anything, ever. Sorry! It's always worth a try though!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_alfred-angelo-expreiences-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:b1f43e0a-69e9-4c32-a62e-bf3f0642a3e7Post:013a35e5-12ae-459f-a244-922467cff282">Re: Alfred Angelo experiences, please?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a horrid experience in there. The girl that was at the front when I walked in took 10 mins to acknowledge me and then she was snippy about me working on a budget because I didn't want to spend 5k on a dress. I don't know I wouldn't ever walk in there again for anything, ever. Sorry! It's always worth a try though!
    Posted by JenniCakesaz[/QUOTE]

<div>I dont think that is a normal experience there. When I went I worked with Erin and she was really great. And as we were looking at dresses, I never saw one that was over 1,200 so I am not sure how they would be upset about staying under 5k. Havent bought the dress yet because the wedding is still a little too far out but I will definitely go back to AA before I make a decision. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think, as in any place, you have to go and create your own experience. Most of the time, people use online reviews to vent rather than give a positive recommendation. From others, I've heard nothing but good about AA. Good luck! :]
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience there.  I told the girl my budget and she was very mindful of it the entire time.  When she had a dress that she thought I would like based on my feedback, but it was out of my budget, she asked me if I wanted to see it, told me the price, and made sure it was ok before she brought it in.  She was pleasant and nice the entire time and spent the entire 2 hours with me.  When I told her I had another appointment she had no problem with me leaving without buying anything, there was no pressue (I went back the same day to buy my dress from them).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your input, ladies. I actually ended up going to AA and met with Melissa who was awesome!  I gave her some ideas of my likes and dislikes and naturally she asked me my budget. She brought in the dresses I liked and some she picked on her own, most were well UNDER my budget. She was fun to work with and totally patient. Once I tried on what I thought was "the one" she did ask me several times if "this is (your) dress", but you have to expect that when working in sales. When I left without making a purchase right away she was totally okay with it, gave me her card with the dress number on it.

I made another appointment and went back about a week later and she remembered me. I wanted to try a few more dresses and she was just as cool as before. I ended up buying "the one" (which was 1/3 of my budged and she didn't seem to mind a bit) and have nothing but good things to say about my experience with the store and with her thus far. Once it comes in and I have to start dealing with alterations I'll be sure to let y'all know how that ends up.  Thanks again!!! 
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I also had a horrible experience there. I made an appointment, but was kept waiting for THIRTY MINUTES.

And then there was no one available to help me in the fitting room!

The service and attention at David's, not the mention the prices, are IMHO much better. And their alterations were perfect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I will not walk into David's bridal here in Tucson. Looking for my senior prom dress was a nightmare enough in there without it being my wedding dress. I will be going to AA and some other bridal shops in Phx but I plan on having Hem and Her make my dress.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_alfred-angelo-expreiences-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:60Discussion:b1f43e0a-69e9-4c32-a62e-bf3f0642a3e7Post:f9a1aa0b-da0a-4427-8e80-cb2efef979e0">Re: Alfred Angelo experiences, please?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also had a horrible experience there. I made an appointment, but was kept waiting for THIRTY MINUTES. And then there was no one available to help me in the fitting room! The service and attention at David's, not the mention the prices, are IMHO much better. And their alterations were perfect.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]
    -The Future Mrs. Rystrom
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_alfred-angelo-expreiences-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:b1f43e0a-69e9-4c32-a62e-bf3f0642a3e7Post:73840ce6-fd96-4bc2-8371-ac85b16f7c42">Re: Alfred Angelo experiences, please?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will not walk into David's bridal here in Tucson. Looking for my senior prom dress was a nightmare enough in there without it being my wedding dress. I will be going to AA and some other bridal shops in Phx but I plan on having Hem and Her make my dress. In Response to Re: Alfred Angelo experiences, please?!?! :
    Posted by fribbs88[/QUOTE]

You may have had a negative experience several years ago, but I believe there is new management now, and I know at least 3 other brides who went to DB in Tucson in the last 2 years for dresses and alterations, and all were completely satisfied.

Of course shop wherever you like!

But I think, for other Tucson brides who have an interest in David's, it's worth making an appointment and checking them out. I'd recommend a weekday morning -- you're more likely to get more undivided attention from a consultant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I just recently got my dress there and I loved it! I worked with Erin and she was wonderfully helpful, I have been to a few other places in town, but they were rude and incredibly inattentive. The quality of the dresses is great and the prices are even better.
    "Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over." Unknown
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my bridesmaid dresses and my wedding dress there and I couldn't have asked for  anything better. They helped me find exactly what I was looking for, and were overall VERY friendly and personable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is in!  I got a call last week to let me know, I asked if I needed an appointment and they said no. I was a little hesitant to go in without one but headed over on Sunday afternoon anyway. Sure enough I walked in and could not have had a better greeting for it being unannounced and on a weekend. I'm so glad Melissa (my original consultant) was there to help me check it out and try it on. She has been AMAZING (I have a friend getting married next month that is being helped by Erin and raves about her too, fyi ). Despite my worries about AA at the beginning of the experience I have nothing but good things to say about them.  Ask for Melissa (and from what I've heard Erin is awesome too!). I just hope their alteration lady is as great as the rest of them are. I will surely throw my 2 cents in when the time comes. Good luck to the rest of you dress hunters :)
  • Katiec7Katiec7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no where near buying a dress, but that doesn't mean I can't try them on right?!? lol. I went in and Erin is the nicest perosn and she is very knowledgable and patient. I will be going back when I am ready to buy my wedding dress. I bought my engagement party dress there though and everyone was very nice, alterations were a bit pricy though. That is their alterations person and you don't have to use them though.
  • elio23elio23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too had a GREAT experience at Alfred Angelo.  I am getting married in New Mexico but went to tucson to try on some dresses....not expecting to purchase.  I had two appointments set up but ended up cancelling the second because i found exactly what I was looking for at Alfred Angelo.  My consultant was great and I got a great dress at an amazing price.  I was worried about not finding the right dress but dress shopping for me ended up being the easiest part of my wedding.  I would definitely recomment the shop to anyone. 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards