Arizona-Tucson

I got married! and vendor reviews... :)

We leave for our honeymoon at the end of this month and so now I am just writing thank you cards and trying to unwind. Overall, it was so wonderful and everything went perfectly. :)

Vendors:

Photography-Jessica Gates A++
she has already given us sneak peaks and they are great! She is very affordable and also brings an assistant (who saved the day by pinning my dress for me!). She is incredible and I am so happy we went with her.

Flowers-Evergreen Flowers on 22nd and Swan A+
There flowers were really affordable and they helped me to figure out how I could make my own centerpieces. The day of, I needed more bouts and flowers and they delivered them on time without any issue. They also helped me set up the flowers and petals at the reception room and ceremony for no extra charge.

Music-Heidi Timms (Harp) A+, Dj Scotty P A++ (ask for Ian)
I did not really get to hear the harp because she played during the cocktail hour and I was in tunnel vision during the procession, but the guests loved her.
Ian from DJ Scotty P was amazing! We gave him our must play and do not play list and he worked throughout the reception to feel out the crowd. The dance floor was full every song until midnight. They were also very affordable.

Hair and Make-up: Khara Williams A++
She traveled to the country club and did all of our hair and make-up. We all loved her work and it made me so much more confident to walk out on the aisle. She is awesome. She also does hair and make-up trial for half price, which I used for my e-pics and b-party.

Venue-Skyline Coutnry Club A
They had two coordinators who made the day run very smoothly and they let us into the site to prepare at 9 am. Their staff was very helpful about setting up different tables. The only downside I would say is that they sometimes quote different prices and told me there would be beers for the boys (in our contract) but then forgot about them and then charged us for them again. I would definitely still use them but be sure that you keep all paperwork and get everything in writing.

They provided the cake and food which were all wonderful!

Alterations and Steaming- A Tailor Tuxedo and Bridal Shop A
They were a bit more expensive than others (not as much as David's Bridal though) and were a bit hesitant to steam dresses that were not bought there. However, they were professional and worked to ensure that all of the dresses were ready before the big day, even some very last minute additions.

Chair Sashes, Arch, Ceremony Chairs- Tucson Party Rental A+
They had a great variety and were very helpful in planning what we wanted everything to look like. They were affordable and delivered early for our set-up with no extra charge. They also rent anything that you can think of, from plates and vases to tents and chandeliers.

Sorry this was so long! :)

Re: I got married! and vendor reviews... :)

• luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your wedding! Glad all went well. I am still in need of a photog, do you have any pics you can post so I can see her work. If you dont mind me asking what did her packages start at (price wise).

TIA

• Austen2010Austen2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she starts at around 1600$ but you get all of the photos and rights on cd afterward. We went with a package that was about 1800$ that included unlimited time and e-pics with the cd and rights. All packages include two photographers as well.

Here are a few pics that she has posted so far:

This was H waiting for our first look. :)

I cannot wait to see the rest. :)

• luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pics, love the dress. Thanks for the info. Have a FABULOUS time on your honeymoon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards