South Carolina-Charleston

Nativity Church and Edisto Hall at James Island park...

Is anyone having their wedding at the Nativity Catholic Church? Or their reception at Edisto Hall in James Island County park? If so, thoughts?

Re: Nativity Church and Edisto Hall at James Island park...

• edited December 2011
    I got married at Nativity. DH and I are members there. We actually became members there because of the inviting atmosphere when we were looking for a place to get married. The mass was beautiful and we loved that the church was so quaint and smaller.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Edisto Hall on Oct 3rd. What kind of info. would you like to know? I'll answer any questions I can.
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing! Suzaq8, can you tell me about how far the facility is from the restrooms. I noticed that the online description says near bathrooms, not bathrooms in facilities.
  • edited December 2011
    there is a sidewalk that connects the restroom building with the reception hall building, its not too terribly far... but if its raining, its not going to be fun for guest. I'll prob. put some umbrellas by the door just in case. That is the one con I had about this place. but i think with only one con (that i can think of) i'm doing pretty good =)
  • moranciemorancie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi what made you decide to have your reception at Edisto hall vs the Pelican Shelter? I plan on having a beach wedding in June and I'm torn between the Shelter and Edisto Hall
  • edited December 2011
    well i'm getting married in Oct so I was/am really worried about storms/hurricanes and didn't want to chance having an outdoor venue. I would have loved to have it at the pelican shelter... much more convenient for ceremony & reception but i just didn't want to take that risk. all the "windows" slide open at Edisto Hall like patio doors so we can make it feel inside/outside if the weather is nice also!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards