South Carolina-Charleston

Tax Free Weekend Dress Poll

SO who's buying their wedding gown or bridesmaids' dresses during the Tax Free Weekend? I have heard of some good sales in Columbia!

Re: Tax Free Weekend Dress Poll

• dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told specifically by the bridal shop I ended up buying my dress from that bridal dresses are not included in the tax free weekend. Has anyone else heard this? Just curious. I hope you are right and get a great deal if this is not the case!
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
  • aewattsaewatts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is not true. They may not do it at their shop, but it's being done. I made my decision about a dress at Bella Vista! They are recognizing tax free weekend and they are AWESOME! They are in Columbia, in the vista.
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal's by Jodi is participating too.  I'm paying the balance that weekend so I don't have to pay tax.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    No, that's not true.  I bought my dress last year on tax free weekend.  Sweet! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    when is tax free weekend...we just moved here!! i'd love to save a few dollars!! thanks girls!
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's the August 7 weekend.BTW... the items that qualify as being *tax free* that weekend are not up to each individual store.  There is a list of the items that qualify posted on the SCDOR website.  Bridal gowns & Veils are both listed as being tax free if you purchase them. 
  • edited December 2011
    *Kelkigs* LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that picture (in your siggy)!!! It is freaking gorgeous!!!
  • mbembe
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know, all stores must have the listed items tax free, they don't have a choice. I know to qualify, you must purchase the item in full to get the tax free discount. So no deposits or final payments will be tax free. I know Bella Vista in Columbia is having a sale. Good luck to all of you!
  • edited December 2011
    It's also a very popular weekend to go dress shopping, so it would be a good idea to go ahead and make appointments if necessary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought that the bridal store I went to in Gastonia, NC was just making a personal decision not to do it. The lady their seemed irritated I had asked about the tax free discount. I did get 15% off by ordering by today so I can't completely complain. Just hope that this doesn't foreshadow issues down the road with them.  I agree that unless you already know what dress you are getting book an appointment way ahead of time as I am sure salons will be very busy. Happy dress shopping everyone!
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's just a SC thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards