South Carolina-Charleston
Options

LIVE bands...suggestions?

My family and my fiance's family is really, really interested in live music. We're bigggg on music, and getting the guests pumped. The problem is, it's so stinkin' expensive! Anybody have any suggestions on a GOOD band that is under 2000, max 2500, that is worth the bucks!? I'm looking for someone to play the usual wedding songs, have some "soul," get the crowd going. Not this drab, not-so-great voices....Thank yas!!!!

Re: LIVE bands...suggestions?

• Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Fowl Play Band, they are $1200.  Not sure if their style would fit yours, but their website is fowlplayband.net. 
  • Options
    kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried contacting Other Brother Entertainment or East Coast Entertainment?  I contacted both of those agencies, told them what I was looking for and my price point.  They were able to recommend several choices for me.  Other Brother sent me a price list right away just so I could get a general idea.  There is always room to negotiate.There are def bands in your price range with the style you are looking for. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call Bryan Mahanes at Other Brother Entertainment. We used The Sneakers for our March 2009 wedding, we received nothing but compliments and praise from out guests. They are a great band, they have multiple genres, but we used them for beach and motown music. www.otherbrotherent.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Finesse Band (www.thefinesseband.com). They're in Columbia but I've been to a wedding where they played at the beach. The Out of Towners Band (www.theoutoftownersband.com)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards