South Carolina-Charleston

personal question about caterer cost

Hey ladies! I have a personal question. I'm looking for a caterer. We are going to have about 100 people. We want a buffet style dinner, middle of the road, nothing too fancy. My question is, about how much should we expect to pay per person for this? I know some of you have already booked caterers so that's why I'm asking. We do not need a bar service in that price. If the cost includes rentals that's ok. I'm trying to get a realistic idea of cost. Any help is appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: personal question about caterer cost

• edited December 2011
    A buffet menu can really range from $13-$35 or even more.  This really depends on the catering company that you go with. The best thing to do is email caterers with your menu and ask for a price.
  • edited December 2011
    I would say around $35-$45 per person once you include service fees and tax (around 9.5% in SC) for something casual. I am around $41 and have casual southern food and comfort food- no carving station or anything. Most caterers came in around $20-$30 per person but the service fees and taxes do add about 30% to those prices. So if you are budgeting keep that in mind. (this is all before rentals which I am expecting to be around $1500 for my wedding which is the same size as yours)
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The other girls are right about the cost. I used Regal Catering and they were amazing. They were so excited for me, and the food and presentation were top notch. Check them out at: http://regalcatering.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards