South Carolina-Charleston

cheap RD location

I have 27 days left until the wedding and still have no RD site, mostly b/c we have no money for a RD. I'd like to do a little something for our WP and immediate family only but that still consist of 50 people! I wanted to do a bbq but i dont know where to do that at. Every place I find is $400+ rental fee. Are there any free parks open after dark (b/c the RD wouldn't start until about 6:30) Or any suggestions?TIA!!

Re: cheap RD location

• edited December 2011
    I sacrificed my bridal luncheon and am doing a rehearsal luncheon instead of dinner so that it is just the wedding party and then we will reserve space at a cheaper restaurant for a dutch treat welcome dinner for the fam plus guests. That's the only compromise I could find with 50+ people. Also beware- some unwilling to rent you space due to football season. Nice, huh?!
  • edited December 2011
    I have had a similar dilemma. I have the same number of guests. I looked at Sticky Fingers and they seem to be cheapest as far as food. They do charge $400 for room rental, but compared to everywhere else I've looked, they are the cheapest altogether. Check into Southend Brewery too, they have several different options, and they aren't quite as expensive to rent.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We did a set menu for about 35 people at Boccis for our RD. Our bill was about $1200 but that included gratuity and beer and wine. It broke down to about $34 pp. The staff was great and very accomodating.
  • UgaAli05UgaAli05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking to do BBQ, the room at Sticky Fingers in Mt. Pleasant is free to rent, as is the 2nd floor at South End Brewery downtown.  Both are very easy to work with!(We're doing our rehearsal dinner at South End Brewery next October).  The food at Sticky Fingers is pretty reasonable too - as low as $12 a person, while the BBQ Buffet at South End Brewery is around $20.  Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards