South Carolina-Charleston

Vendor Reviews!

Ok, so this is super late(I got married 7.18.09), but better late then never!Photographer- Juliet JonesShe was so awesome.  So friendly, and personable.  Her style was spot on to my tastes, and I loved all of our pictures to death!  her website is Julietelizabeth.comCoordinator-Melanie MurphyI looooved Melanie.  She was great.  She saved us so much money on our caterer and decor(she has a collection of decor that clients can use...vases, couches, candle holders, cake stands, lanterns etc).  Everything was perfect, and was exactly what I pictured.Flowers - Flowerexchange.comI did my own flowers, b/c I couldn't justify spending a few thousand for a florist to do them the way I wanted.  The flowers are shipped overnight, and after a day of rehydrating, they are ready to be put together!  You can check out our pics on Juliet's site (client proofs, nicole and craig) to see how beautiful the flowers were.  I was really satisfied with the quality.Transportation - absolutely charlestonmeh.  They were ok...They sent us the wrong trolley to pick up the bridal party.  The one we ordered broke down, so it was all they could do.  The problem was that the trolley had a top speed of 45 mph, and we had to travel from IOP to downtown charleston for the ceremony...so we were 25 minutes late!!Band - Joe clark bandWe had their quartet, and I was really looking forward to their music.  But they were over an hour late, and they didn't know how to play our first dance song....which we asked them if they knew before we hired them....A little annoying.Caterer - Royal Grand EventsCurtis is awesome!  The food was fabulous.  He had his own portable kitchen, and serving ware(bowls, utensils etc).  Since we were having a family style dinner, this helped our rental budget a lot!  I can't recommend him enough!Reception venue- Boone Hall cotton docks.I love the cotton docks.  They're right on the marsh and in such a beautiful location.  Truely to die for.  Just beware that they do not have any air conditioners.....(we brought our own window unit)Cake- Jean Paul's creative cakesOur cake was stunning.  She makes her own fondant, and it was delicious!  But, it was also a wedding gift, so I can't comment on cost :)  All in all, our day was magnificient and everything I wanted!!  Good luck to everyone in their planning!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews!  I booked with Royal Grand for my Sept. 18, 2010 wedding and have so far been impressed with him!  Your info really helps me know that I have made the right decision!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! Good to know about Absolutely Charleston...we were considering them.
  • nbystrynbystry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What did you think about Juliet's pricing? She sent me some pricing but she was higher more than other people I asked. Just wondering if she is worth the cost. Let me know!
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::butts in:: She is very talented.  I know from contacting her when I was planning (prob late 2008 or early 2009) and seeing her prices on her website now that she has more than doubled.
  • edited December 2011
    Juliet was truly awesome.  She was less expensive when I hired her(she was just starting out) but she is worth every penny.  If you can afford her, then I would not hesitate at all.  She's so talented, and friendly.  She even showed up early to get shots of me getting ready and stayed late (so from 12:30 until 10:30...) about 2 hours longer then we had paid her for.  She loves her work, and it shows in her attitude.  She's the best.  I am looking for another excuse to get my pictures taken by her(haha).  Maybe some holiday photos?  I am just in loooove with our pictures.  And we had them within a week or two after the wedding.  She's the bestest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards