South Carolina-Charleston

In need of new reception venue

Our wedding in March 20, 2010 in Mt. Pleasant. We had a reception site directly across from the church where we are getting married. We lost our site a couple of days ago and are now looking for another venue. We are paying for the entire wedding ourselves and money is extremely tight because my dad past away unexpectedly at the end of August and we had to pay for the entire funeral. So, does anybody know of an inexpensive venue to hold between 100 and 150 people in or around Mt. Pleasant? Thank you for your help.

Re: In need of new reception venue

• kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a specific price range or price point you are looking for?  "Inexpensive" can vary greatly...
  • edited December 2011
    It's going to be difficult finding a place on short notice. Check out Alhambra Hall (on Town of Mt. Pleasant website). You can see their availability calendar online. There's also Boone Hall and the new Mt. Pleasant Visitors Center (cooperriverroom.com I think).
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • lexiesmileslexiesmiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! Check out the wedding venues post there are several replies with suggestions and comments on local venues. good luck!
  • BettyB36BettyB36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your advice. We are trying to keep the price at $1000 or under. But we may have to increase that amount. I hate that we lost the original site.
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...in my research, the only venue I found for less than $1000 was the Children's Museum of the Lowcountry ($800)  http://www.explorecml.orgThey have a garden where you could have a ceremony, and the contact there, Christine Kelly, was extremely nice and responsive.  There may also be some hotels in N. Charleston that will offer inexpensive wedding packages (I seem to remember getting some emails, but can't find them).  Good luck and sorry you lost your venue!
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you also need a place that will allow you to bring your own caterer?Gold Bug Island in Mt. Pleasant may be affordable or maybe the Fish Fry Shack on Sullivan's??  The Charleston Yacht club is around that price.  Maybe a hotel ballroom or country club if you don't have a caterer already?
  • BettyB36BettyB36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the advice. We have found another reception site. However, we are now in need of some tables and chairs. Any advice on an inexpensive place to rent them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards