South Carolina-Charleston

GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!

Having a melt down!!! I was on a roll doing so well getting everything planned and figured out and then I just kind of stopped and now I am realizing I am 198 days away from my May 2010 wedding and its only half ready. I am freaking out that May is such a popular month and the good people are going to be booked and I am really really trying to stay at a reasonable budget. UGH!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on anything to help me breathe i would appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!

• cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest wine. Seriously though, my cousin got married this past May and they got engaged in February.  You still have plenty of time.  Just start calling around and see who's available.I hear you on the staying within a reasonable budget, though.  It's hard but it can be done.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as your venue is booked, you are still in good shape.  If not - get on that right away!What do you have left?You still have plenty of time and the good thing about Charleston is that there are plenty of vendors to choose from since it's such a popular city.  I got married this past May.  While I had a 17 month engagement, I booked most of my vendors within 6 months of my wedding.
  • aewattsaewatts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what kind of things do you need help with finding? I'm in June, and I feel the same way, but luckily I was ahead of the game before I even got engaged ! LOL! But that's just because I'm crazy ;) But I didn't get EVERYTHING booked and I've had to do lots of research, especially since I'm on a budget as well. Whatever you need help with, I'll try to help - I know photographers book up quickly, and I have a friend who is AWESOME if you would like his contact. I know he's prob. not booked, because he's just decided to do weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto cougarette on the wine! Yes, of course you need to get the venue booked ASAP, but most of the other vendors out there still have availability - cake, catering, flowers, photography, etc. I'm also May 2010 and I just booked most of mine in the past month. It sounds so simple and probably easier said than done, but think about the most important part of the wedding - your future husband. Looking at it that way, you have the biggest detail nailed down :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!! This all makes me feel better I have my venue booked, my photographer, and my DJ and my parents are cooking the food so I guess I am doing ok just having a Bridezilla moment!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • trfrsitrfrsi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need hair and makeup, give me a call or visit my website www.beautymasterybydesign.com. Photographer- use David Despeaux. He is amazing. www.daviddespeaux.com

Hopefully your wedding isn't the same day as mine! (the 22nd)

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards