April 2012 Weddings

I wish..

I wish I would have wrote "# of guest attending: __" on the response cards. What I did instead was:  "Name(s)___________" and then accept or decline.

So far,  6 out of 10 RSVP's that were returned only had one persons name on it when the invitation was addressed to more than one (for example, husband and wife and their 3 kids). We have had to make a call to each person and ask them if it really is just the one person going and they say, "Oh! I'm bringing my wife and kids too."

Oh well.... the invitations are all sent out so I guess we'll be making a lot of phone calls.

Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Re: I wish..

• Surprisingly i'm not having that problem.  Everyone (that i'm getting back) are writing in each person that is coming....i guess i'm lucky! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lucky you!!! :)

Oh - and other weird thing is that no one is writing their return address on the response card envelope when they mail it back! I know that's NBD, however it just kind of amazes me.. was I supposed to write their return address on their envelope too?? lol!
  • We're doing online RSVPs, and so far no issues!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_i-wish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4e0dc6aa-d2f0-4d5c-aad3-152297937f28Post:361b9ab9-7577-4012-bc52-af23898757ad">Re: I wish..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lucky you!!! :) Oh - and other weird thing is that no one is writing their return address on the response card envelope when they mail it back! I know that's NBD, however it just kind of amazes me.. was I supposed to write their return address on their envelope too?? lol!
    Posted by Epiphany1031[/QUOTE]
    Yes, because you don't really want your guests getting your RSVP card back. You should have your address as both the return address & send-to address. We did the 'X seats held in your honor" thing because I'm paranoid. I also wrote in people's names for them, so they only had to select 'accept' or 'decline.' It's worked so far. 
  • I didn't put the return address on the envelopes. I put mine on the front, and decided to leave it up to them if they wanted to put it or not. So far 1 has, 2 have not. I also did the numbers on the back of the RSVP cards so I'd know in case someone did not fill it out. 

Interestingly, my grandparents RSVPd using the reception card rather than the RSVP card...maybe I accidentally forgot to give them one? Lol 

Also, I'm not having problems with people adding extra guests, but we inviting whole families, so there shouldn't be an issue with people adding kids. I'm worried about our single people adding +1s, but depending on how many do it plus how many "no" RSVPs we get, I may not even say anything about that. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I was surprised that almost every single person who has RSVPed has written their return address on the envelope, except for like, 2.  I just have to deal with people inviting their kids, but every time it happens it gets easier to just say "hey, BTW, this is an adult only affair.  Make it a date night and find a babysitter"  (maybe not quite that cold, but you get the point).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • We had our address preprinted in the To spot and also on the back flap (that you lick) as the return address.  This way, if it is returned it'll come to us.  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel your pain!!! I received an RSVP with no name, no amount of people, just joyfully accept. I wont know until its time to confirm by phone for those who didn't RSVP...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards