South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Hotel Suggestions

I'm looking to block off rooms for my guests in the downtown/historic district.  Something not too pricey (I've gotten a quote for $350 a night so far, yikes!).  All of my guests are coming from out of town so I'd like to keep things affordable.  Any suggestions?

Re: Hotel Suggestions

• Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the Francis Marion and the Hampton Inn downtown, both under $300 (may have been way under $300, but can't remember).  Downtown is pricey, depending on the season).  Where's your wedding being held?  One other thing we did was to reserve rooms at the Springhill Suites riverview, which were like $150, and they offered a free evening shuttle into downtown (and breakfast).
  • Options
    AMC516AMC516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ceremony and reception will be at The Rice Mill, so really not far from Spring Hill Suites. Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll check the Francis Marion as well, we have stayed there in the past and had a nice experience.
  • Options
    eljemideljemid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend using hotelplanner.com.  i used them to secure two different hotels at two different price levels.  they get all the bids together, and keep looking until you find a price and hotel you want to contact.  Super easy, and can get lots of hotel bids that way
  • Options
    Ems2684Ems2684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception/ceremony are both downtown as well and we have a LOT of out of town guests. We reserved rooms at the Francis Marion (about $240, guests have to pay for parking), the Best Western King Charles ($220, free parking and close to the market), and the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. P ($149, right over the bridge).

Another place to check is the Marriott on Lockwood - not sure about their rates, but it's a pretty decent hotel and close to the Rice Mill. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards