South Carolina-Charleston
Options

caterers

Anyone use The Caterer of Charleston, I need some reviews on how their food and service are!

Re: caterers

• Options
    hornek2hornek2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jack & Jennifer Sheffield? That is who we are using but haven't finalized the contract for our wedding next June. Their food is amazing but we aren't so sure about presentation. My mom's stepsister is a florist in Charleston and will be working with them to make sure the presentation is right, but i would definitely make sure you question that. Other than that, I would recommend for sure on food and price alone!

• Options
    mkdaniel14mkdaniel14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes them, good to know the food is great! can you tell me what you know/like/dislike about their presentation?
  • Options
    hornek2hornek2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When we met with him, we asked that they bring a portfolio of pictures from previous events/weddings. The pictures in the book were not good. It just showed tables that were covered with tablecloths, and just had the food laying on trays on them. There were no build ups or garnishes around anything. It just didn't look like anything I was used to seeing at Charleston weddings, it was more like a business lunch with the food just layed out. We then requested more pictures of weddings and have yet to see them. I think we are going to meet with his wife and get some more info. I just need to make sure they can make this pretty before we sign a contract and it's not right the day of. Don't get me wrong, we are so impressed with their food, that's why we are going through all of this, but presenation is important also at weddings and it's not hard to do. Good luck!

• Options
    ScMOBScMOB member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't decided on them for sure yet.....may I HIGHLY recommend Curtis with Royal Grand Catering.  EXCELLENT food, outstanding presentation, very professional in all dealings with him.   My daughter's wedding was perfect....mostly because of him!
  • Options
    mkdaniel14mkdaniel14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the comments guys, def a huge help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards