South Carolina-Charleston

Magnolia Plantation

I'm about to book magnolia plantation for my wedding I think - before I do, I wanted to ask anyone if they had any advice to offer? Hidden fees, things to look out for, things to make sure to ask about, etc?

I am new at this and have no idea what questions to ask! Thanks :)

Re: Magnolia Plantation

• Jeni1090Jeni1090 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a $500 security deposit on top of the rental fee-you get it back if there's no damages and it's cleaned up promptly.  Keep in touch with Jessica w/vendors-she'll do the leg work to make sure they have the right insurance.  She'll assume you want the fire pit lit for the event, but you may want to tell her (assuming it's the carriage house). 

Oh, and that list of preferred vendors?  Ya, that's outdated.  We're using Granville's for bar and catering, and they're not on that list but have been out there before.  The point is, don't be afraid to try vendors who aren't on the list, just ask Jessica if they've been out there before.

Open flame is allowed within reason (candles in lamps are OK; sparklers are not).

There's literally power everywhere on site.  The band needs to go where the layout shows because the 200 amp tie in is on the other side of that wall.  The deck has a few 110 outlets as well (we're putting some tables and torches on the deck).

The only big thing is not to staple/tack/put holes of any kind in the interior woodwork.  They do get really angry about that.  And clean up.

Hope that helps.  Like I said, Jessica has been really helpful and has always gotten back to me within 24 hours by email.
  • edited December 2011
    That was my second choice, but I ended up somewhere else. MP is beautiful Jessica is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards