South Carolina-Charleston

Charleston Yatch Club??

Has anybody had their wedding there or been to a wedding there? What was it like? The 5 hour time limit scares me a little, but we really like that it's on the water and affordable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're thinking about doing the ceremony and reception there.

Re: Charleston Yatch Club??

• edited December 2011
    I wanted to book my rehearsal dinner here, and the girl (Claire) told me my date was available. When my father went to drop off the deposit, the girl told him there had been a mistake, and it was not available that night. Someone else I know was supposed to have their wedding there, but they "lost" her deposit. Those are the only experiences I have had with them...
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a nice room for a reception, overlooking the water, but I wouldn't think it would be comfortable for more than 75-100 guests.  The ceremony space when I went in May 2009 was a sort of beat-up looking patio, but supposedly they were going to improve that.  If it helps, we had 5 hours for ceremony and reception (plus addt'l time for load in and clean up, but 5 hrs for the actual event) and it worked out great (at a different location).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards