South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Great food, bad service! Caterer

I am just writing this to save a future bride the stress of using Winship productions for a caterer for their wedding.
The food was awesome! Everything had great taste and was made exactly how I wanted it. So, if you need just food use Winship producations.
BUT if you want someone that you can depend on, don't use Winship producations. He seems very sincere and dependable at first. But his problem is that he says yes to everything but then doesn't realize what he agreed to. So, at my wedding reception there were things not done because, he obviously didn't take notes. The caterer added unnecessary stress to planning my wedding. And he is not very nice via email.

Re: Great food, bad service! Caterer

• Options
    cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again!  When you get a chance I'd love to see a full review of the day.  Congrats and I hope everything else went smoothly.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! A full review? What are you asking for?
  • Options
    cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry, I meant a review of the rest of your vendors and the overall day. (again, if you don't mind.  I have 2.5 months to go and I need something to pass the time! Tongue out)

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danielle Dooley made my cake and it was excellent. Best Cake I have had!
    Chip Googe, googephotography.com, did my photography and he was excellent.
    Wildflowers, Inc, Beth, did my flowers and the flowers were beautiful but not exactly what I wanted. But the flowers were beautiful, so that was okay.
    Mike Winship, caterer, like I said great food, bad service. Things went wrong at the reception because of him. It was like he didn't take my wedding seriously or something. I was a bit confused. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I looked into that group, too.  thanks for the heads up.

Another one (as a warning to any brides still in the process) to avoid is The Chefs Brigade with Atom Miller.  If you have a huge budget, it may not be so bad.  But I had been in contact with him as a potential caterer and at first he seemed pretty excited about it.  but it was excuse after excuse of why he couldn't get in contact with me.  Eventually he set up a meeting, but he had it at a bar downtown while he was working.  I drove from Moncks Corner to downtown Charleston to meet with him, and when I got there he just blew me off without so much as an apology.  I scratched his name immediately from my list; if he can't have some consideration I don't want him working a wedding.

Congratulations on your marriage! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

After reading the above "distress" note from Jennifer Slaughter, we must say that we are completely surprised at the onslaught of harshness, especially coming 6 months after the actual wedding took place. In the note it fails to state which things had not been done that were agreed to, but then a long amount of time has passed since the actual wedding event. You also write that we were not very nice via email, and that we added unnecessary stress to the event. We do tend to look after our future brides with great care with reminders via phone calls and emails as the the nearness of the event approaches, so that you may go forward  knowing things are in place. And,  through these communications, we review with the bride what her wishes are. Weddings can be stressful, but generally speaking the event itself is joyous and looks towards a bright future. We are pleased that Winship Productions provided you with the "Awesome" food, but you did neglect to say that Winship Productions was the caterer and did provide you with the "Awesome" food. No matter, we thank you for the time you spent in sending your comments, and may we direct you to our website www.winshipproductions.com/" target="_blank">www.Winshipproductions.com for a full list of gracious testimonials from our happy brides and grooms. Best., Winship Productions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Greetings
    In reply to message regarding our Catering Service,I beleive you have confused us with another company,we do not frequent bars or have any of our meetings in them,as we do not drink alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards