South Carolina-Charleston

Bridal Shoot Locations???

Charleston is such a beautiful city but I am not as familiar with it and all of the best locations.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a place in Charleston that would be a nice backdrop for bridal portraits?? 

Re: Bridal Shoot Locations???

• edited December 2011

It depends on what type of look you really want.. plantation? modern downtown? outdoor..indoor... beach...

A lot of the plantations have a fee you or your photographer must pay and the beaches have some rules about professional photography....

We did our e-session in downtown charleston and just walked around.. the beauty of the city leave the options endless

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We did our engagement session in Waterfront Park and some of the historic buildings around the park!  It is a beautiful location!
  • edited December 2011
    I am this same boat- taking my bridals next week. I have decided on downtown, after looking at a bunch of pictures of other peoples' bridals, I loved the look of downtown the most. You can always ask your photographer for suggestions too.

That brings me to my next question that I was going to post- where does one change for a bridal portrait session downtown?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions you guys!  It is actually a shoot for a friend and I think they are going to go with the downtown area and maybe by the water because there are a lot of possibilites for nice shots.  As far as changing... that is a good question... I'd say you could arrive dressed if you are coming from the area.
  • edited December 2011
    We had a blast doing our wedding photos in Historic Charleston. Most the places we hit were the Battery, Dock Street Theatre (maybe go early enough to go inside), outside St. Michaels. We just kind of walked around with the photographer till his eye caught something. We even sneaked into a few peoples yards, mostly B&B's. Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I ended up changing in my car when we were out for our e-session pics
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing my bridals, so definitely didn't want to be driving downtown in my wedding dress. I guess I am going to have to see if I can find somewhere that will allow me to change into my dress.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards