South Carolina-Charleston

massage envy?

Has anyone been to Massage Envy before? A friend gave me a gift card before the wedding but for some reason I'm a bit put off by the fact that it's a chain. Anyone had any experiences there?

Re: massage envy?

• edited December 2011
    I have a friend who used to work there. She was a receptionist and did it to earn some extra money for gas. She got free massages as part of her job and said that they were pretty good. The only thing she didn't like was that the desk staff was instructed to push memberships on customers, and she wasn't comfortable with that. So if you go, just know that they'll try to sell you more, and be prepared to deal with that. As for the quality of the massage, they're still all licensed and trained, probably just not with the huge block of experience that those who work in higher end salons have. 
  • edited December 2011
    I know this post is old, but i work at Massage Envy in Summerville. And its actually a great place! When i first heard of them i was put off as well by the fact that they are a chain but its actually really nice!!!
    Oct 2010 Brides Siggy Challenge : Photobucket
    Jessica & Jason Oct 30, 2010WeddingBio...updated 2/22 image
  • krl8krl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also had great experiences there and have loved all my massages and the massage therapists. I can't wait to go again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards