South Carolina-Charleston

New Dream Catering

Hey, ladies!

Does anyone have any insight on New Dream Catering? I've never had any of their food (going in for a tasting tomorrow), but my experience with them so far has been fantastic. I've been given a heads up that they have already given out two more proposals for our wedding date, so I will need to book them ASAP!!!! We are willing to throw down the cash to reserve our date and work out the kinks later, but I want to hear any advice I can get before we do so.

Thanks so much!
My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*

Re: New Dream Catering

• Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please let us know how the tasting goes. 
  • edited December 2011

The tasting went great! I was almost ready to book them, but thought I might be jumping the gun since that was the only caterer we have tested so far!

My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • edited December 2011
    They were the only tasting we had and we booked them. It was between them and Hamby's.  I was so impressed when I received an email on LABOR DAY with a contract! I spoke to them and Hamby's on the Friday before...both promised me a BEO by Tuesday.  As I said, ND got me theirs on a holiday and Hamby I didn't get for a least another week.  It also helps that they are relatively new to the scene so they are VERY eager to work with you, etc.  I felt that Hamby's didn't really care  for my business either way because they are an established company that pretty much sells itself.

Sarah rocks and Erics cooking is spectacular.  BTW, they also can do a dinner party at your house for $50 a head...Thinking of doing that for my 40th in January....I love their grouper and their low country risotto and I don't think I can wait until October (my wedding) to eat it again!

Enjoy! You made a fabulous selection in New Dream!!

Alex
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the reviews. It really helps me out since I'm still in the beginning stages of planning.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, our wedding is in October too! Good thing it obviously wasn't the same date since we booking & paying our deposit tomorrow. I absolutely agree with you, Sarah has been absolutely FANTASTIC and is so laid back and easy going and actually listens to what you want. Also, she knows the business and the liquor liscense laws, good wines, etc. which is a plus. I absolutely LOATHE Hamby's catering and feel exactly as you do. They don't care if they get your business or not. I told them I was on a budget and they sent me a proposal that was thousands of dollars over.

As for ND, we had a fantastic tasting. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. There was one item I didn't like, but only because it had blackened seasoning on it. My mom and FI loved it all. They have some of the coolest suggestions and ideas and are even letting us purchase our own alcohol since it would be cheaper for us. Sarah also said if we needed to cut our costs more, then we could make all the rentals ourselves and avoid any added services fees. She said if this was something we wanted to do then she would walk us through the process step by step.

Seriously, if you haven't booked your caterer yet, get in touch with Sarah and you will be presently surprised with how amazing both she and Eric are!
  • edited December 2011
    WE LOVE LOVE LOVE NEW DREAM
    CHEF ERIC AND SARAH ARE FANTASTIC! THEY ARE WORTH IT TRUST ME AS MOTHER OF BRIDE WE ARE TOUGH CRITICS AND THEY ARE #1 IN OUR BOOK
    IF YOU NEED AN AFFORDBALE PLANNER CONTACT OUR PLANNER MIKE
    .Tell him Artemis sent you!

www.winshipproductions.com/" target="_blank">www.Winshipproductions.com
    WinshipProductionsSlideshow.wmv
    www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001082493079#!/pages/Winship-Productions/109107415801225" target="_blank">Please become a Fan on Facebook
  • edited December 2011

They are #1 in our Book
    We are using them for our daughters wedding and please contact our Wedding Planner Mike Winship,he is Charleston's most affordable Wedding Planner
    www.winshipproductions.com/" target="_blank">www.Winshipproductions.com
    WinshipProductionsSlideshow.wmv

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001082493079#!/pages/Winship-Productions/109107415801225" target="_blank">Please become a Fan on Facebook
  • edited December 2011
    This is awesome to read all of this. I'm meeting with Sarah this Friday. I don't want to get too excited, but I agree... she is really enthusiastic and we have only communicated over email thus far.  I am looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards