South Carolina-Charleston

Old Santee Canal State Park??

Can anyone tell me how much the rental fees are?  What's included?  Does that include guest entry to the park?  Tables, Chairs, linens, dishes, silverware?  How late can we stay?

I'd call, but I always feel like they'll only tell me things if I book a veiwing and I onlly want to view places we can afford. 

My FI made the mistake of driving me through an upscale neighborhood when we were looking for a house and after that, every other house in our price range was disappointing for about a month.

ETA:  My bad about the name :( Not Santee COOPER!

Re: Old Santee Canal State Park??

• Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the rental fee (I think it's pretty reasonable), but I attended a wedding there and we got in for free. I think we left about 11pm and I think everybody else left about 12am.  I hope that helped you out a little bit.
  • edited December 2011

not sure what the rental fee is, but i'm sure you may be able to find it on their website.

it doesn't include tables, chairs, china, glassware or flatware. most likely your caterer will handle that for you but you'll be invoiced for it. another alternative is to use plastic instead of china it cana save a ton of money on your rental order. hope that helps!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!  You've both helped a lot.  We're catering ourselves.  On the website all it says is 'Please call.'  

I may call on Monday and say I'm a wedding planner calling to get quotes.  I just hate feeling pressured - and usually that pressure comes from me and not anyone else.  It's definitely something I have to get over if I'm gonna plan a wedding.

My FI and I are probably going to go by this weekend if we get time.  We have a rehearsal dinner and wedding this weekend, so I'm not sure if we'll have time.

Thanks again :)
  • edited December 2011

Hi, we originally consided Old Santee park & when you call you actually speak to the person working at the gate so it's very informal but they do have the information you need available such as quotes & dates they have & policies for rental.  When I called I was quotes $850 rental for the plantation house & lawn & if you want an indoor reception at the interpretive center it's $1,000. I went out to look at it & they gave us the key to they house & let us walk around alone. It was nice & pressure free. Good luck Smile

• edited December 2011
    Oh, thank you so much.  That makes me feel A LOT better!
  • edited December 2011

you're welcome...glad to help

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards