South Carolina-Charleston

VENDOR REVIEWS

Everything was excellent! I highly recommend everyone we worked with. Not only did all our vendors provide excellent services, they were all really great people to work with and we enjoyed getting to know them. They were all prompt, easy to communicate with, and on point. We had a DIY beach wedding on Folly followed by cocktail hour & reception at a rental home. Despite the rescheduled Sea & Sand festival moving to the day of our wedding, we notified all vendors & guests & it was not a problem.

Venue: Robinini by the Sea (Folly Beach rental home)
Gorgeous house with really amazing details. The owner was incredibly helpful with any questions we had. Available through Avocet or VRBO.

Caterer: Lowcountry Eats
Elaine was great. Answered every single minute question we had, no problem. Food was good, bar service & servers were on point. Also handled rentals for us through Snyder rentals.

Florist: Harris Teeter on Folly Road (James Plowden)
Highly recommend. Excellent florist who really knows his stuff. He was a breeze to work with and some of the arrangements he created are still alive and beautiful weeks afterwards!

Cake: Artistic Cakes by Linda
Also very easy to work with, made a delicious red velvet cake for us that was just beautiful.

DJ: Jay Maxwell's Music by Request (Rhett)
Rhett was a great MC. He did our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception. There was a slight snafu with a clip-on mic during the ceremony, Rhett remedied it without missing a beat. We requested a specific genre for the entire reception, and when guests weren't hitting the dance floor, we told him to kick it up a notch and he transitioned seamlessly without complaint and crowded the dance floor.

Hair & Makeup: Tracy Faye Wray, Beauty Mastery by Design
Tracy was a pleasure to work with and did a beautiful job with our hair & makeup. She arrived early and patiently waited until I was ready for her.

Photography: Matt Daniel Photography
Wonderful! Husband & wife team, really great couple. Beautiful, very natural  work. Very talented & a pleasure to have with us on the day.

Welcome Dinner: The Grill on the Edge
Jody & his wife (owners) were spot on. We used the patio space for our dinner. Great food, attentive service. They had everything arranged perfectly for us and were on the ball. Even created centerpieces for us at the request of the groom's mother.

Transportation: Charleston Black Cab
Arrived everywhere early and both drivers we had were extremely nice. Clean, safe, fun method of transportation. Easy to book & communicate with.

Wedding night hotel: Vendue Inn
Stay here!! It was cheaper per night than the Holiday Inn was (when we booked, at least) and they upgraded our room to a corner king suite w fireplace, jetted tub, and champagne and a handwritten note from the hotel manager awaited us. Gorgeous hotel, impeccable service. We will definitely stay here again.

Charleston visitors center (downtown)
Provided City guidebooks with maps at request for my giftbags with no problem.

I hope I remembered to include everyone!

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS

• edited December 2011
    One more:

Sweet 185 Sugaring Studio
    I got sugared for the first time and now I'm a convert. A great hair removal method, much better than waxing. Jenn was great and made me feel at ease. Very professional and clean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards