South Carolina-Charleston

Quiet beaches...affordable lodging?

I'm planning our honeymoon for early November and we've pretty much decided we want to stay in the States. We've been looking into South Carolina beaches. Folly Beach looks beautiful but our total budget for lodging, car rental, food, entertainment is about $1,000. I would prefer an oceanfront B&B on a quiet beach. Any suggestions or recommendations that only the locals would know about? Know of any non-heavily popoulated beaches with affordable lodging? I thought I might get the best information out of you local ladies! Thanks!

Re: Quiet beaches...affordable lodging?

• nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not a b&b, but the Holiday Inn Folly Beach does a lot of weddings and is probably fairly reasonble: http://www.follybeachhotel.net/. It sounds like you are not from the States, so forgive me if this sounds silly, but just a heads up that it can be quite cold on the beach in Charleston in November.  You will most likely want at least a jacket most of the time, and it is definitely not bathing suit weather, unless it is a really unusual winter...
  • shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    waters edge inn is a bed and breakfast on folly beach...its still new i think and i think it may be in your budget since you are looking at nov. i think its www.innatfollybeach.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards