South Carolina-Charleston

Caterer

My wedding is September 18, 2010.  We booked most of our vendors between last May and September.  Word to the wise for those who are planning early - only book with the kind of vendors that you can lock into a price (i.e.: photog, day of planner).  If you book with someone who's business takes off in a year, then you may be in a situation where their pricing was in your budget when you booked them, but not in your budget at the time of the wedding.  Has anyone had any good experiences with smaller, more afforable caterers that you can pass on?  If so, any help is appreciated! 

Re: Caterer

• ScMOBScMOB member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We REALLY loved Royal Grand Catering.  It is a small company...we met with Curtis at his kitchen....he emailed us back almost immediately, everytime we emailed him.  I thought his prices were very reasonable for all that we had.  His presentation is gorgeous!!  We were able to bring in our own beer/wine/liquor for the bar and he provided the mixers which saved money too.    I would talk with him...I really think he could work with any budget!  Good luck!!!
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow, it seems that they shouldn't be able to do that with a contract.  In fact, my baker left and started her own company but honored all the old prices.

We went with JBs Smokeshack and it was awesome.  The prices are good and the food is even better.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards